11.07.2010

A Good Weekend~


I had one of those weekends that just make a girl smile.



Friday night, The Hubby and I took the three younger kids with us to Costco. My life is nothing if not glamorous. (Our oldest was busy at a classmate's house working on a school project so he didn't join us.) But, let me tell you, that trip to Costco was amazing. I ran into one of my high school besties that I haven't seen in probably 17 years. I was so glad to see her! And it's amazing how quickly the years can melt away when you see one of your dearest friends!! We were back to our old selves almost immediately and making plans for lunch! What fun!!



Then Saturday night John and I went on a date. A real date!! Our first since his accident! Now that's progress. (Oh, yes, and by way of a little update...he had an ultrasound last week, and the blood clot in his leg is gone. Can I hear a "woot woot!"?)



So, yes, a good weekend! And I'm thankful for that!



And I have a pretty pillow tutorial coming your way...hoping to post it Monday...so check back!

(What does the photo have to do with this post? Nothing. It's just a photo I saved of an actual inn somewhere....wouldn't it be fun to stay in a tree house?)


That is all. Over and out.

Have a great day~

18 comments:

Carol said...

All good news... love it! Glad to hear the blood clot is gone... those can get scary quickly, as you know. Keep nursing that hubby and he will be back to full steam in no time!

Carol
antiquetexan.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

THIS post makes me happy! SO glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

So glad to hear it! I hope it leads to a lovely week :)

Deb said...

I find Costco seems to be the new social meeting spot. Sort of like the old general store!

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Great news about John, so happy to hear he is doing well and sometimes the simple weekends are the absolute best! Janell

Kasey said...

great weekend indeed!!

cuppycakeme said...

I love running into old friends!

http://www.cuppycakeme.blogspot.com

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

i just found you blog and i love your frugal friday series, i love a good diy project!

Laura said...

Glad you had such a nice weekend! And very glad to hear your hubby is doing better - that is great news!

Birdie3008 said...

Smiling with you and so happy to hear your husband is doing better. :)

Gail said...

What a nice weekend for you both!!Glad to hear all is well with your husband..

Jennifer Rizzo said...

What a great weekend! Make sure you stop by for my giveaway!

Cheryl said...

YAY! so glad your hubs is doing better and you both were able to get away and enjoy some time together...even if it was brief.

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

Sometimes the simple plans are the best, even a day at Costco.

Bonnie said...

enjoyed your post... I love when people are happy!

Life in Rehab said...

What fantastic news! YAY John!

LuLu said...

I'm clapping and so excited for your wonderful news. What a blessing and how perfect for this thanksgiving season! wishing more and more blessed days,
xo,
LuLu

Shell in your Pocket said...

Costco can be very fun...I get it!

sandy toe

p.s. seeing an old friend is even better