11.02.2010

A Clever Display Idea~

I just love finding clever new uses for vintage objects. Take vintage canning jars, for example. They are great for storing and displaying any number of tiny objects....buttons, coins, sea shells. But the other day, while visiting a friend of mine, I noticed that she had used some vintage canning jars in a very creative way.


She used them to "frame" some of her family photos.


So I borrowed the idea for my Thanksgiving mantle.







What a fun way to display photos of those blessings for which I am most thankful...my kiddos.







The mantle is still in progress...I'll share it as I finish it up. But, for today, I want to express my thankfulness for my sweetest blessings...my children.

Do you have a unique way to repurpose vintage objects? Share it with me!

Have a great day~

15 comments:

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

~*Very cute!! :) Rachel~*~*

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Now that is a clever idea!! LOVE it!
*hugs*Deb

Laura said...

love this idea!

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Love your smaller mirror!
-Trish

cuppycakeme said...

What an adorable idea!

http://www.cuppycakeme.blogspot.com

paperjunk-lc said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Aubrie Knight said...

so cute and creative....love it. and love your blog....


http://stayhomeandplay.blogspot.com

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

super cute!

Peggy said...

What a wonderful idea!

Kristen White said...

Your mantle looks great...cute idea!
Kristen

C H R I S T I said...

such a beautiful idea! today i am thankful for all God has given me and all He has taken away.

Taylor-Ann said...

What a cute idea...I have never seen that before..I just my jars for buttons, brads and other great craft supplies...Their original purpose was for my wedding...they held the flowers down the isle.

Richella said...

The photos in jars look wonderful! Thank you for sharing that idea.

One of my favorite uses of a vintage item is my mom's jewelry box used as a caddy on my desktop. You can read about it here if you like: http://www.impartinggrace.com/2010/10/my-mom-cave-in-100-words-or-less.html

Take care!

Ann said...

OMG that's a real cutie...

I'll definitely copy that design idea, gotta get those glass jars out of the cabinet. Oh and probably change the color of the lid to suit the color scheme of my house:)

Thanks for sharing...

Missy said...

This is a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing this, I'm always looking for new decor ideas! :)