10.12.2010

Pie Bunting and a Little Hubby Update~

John turned 41 last week. Because of his injuries, we kept our celebration low key. But when his parents came into town a couple of days later, we had the whole family over for a little celebrating...and I took the opportunity to make a bit of a fuss over him. He has been craving pie lately, so that's what we had in place of cake.






But how to make a pie look festive? I have seen several darling cake buntings around blogland lately. In particular, I saw this fun tutorial over at Susie's blog last week. Since I happened to have all the supplies on hand, I decided to whip one up. (Now don't look too closely...because when I say I whipped one up, I'm not kidding...I put it together in about five minutes before the family started to arrive). But it sure did add the little sumthin' sumthin' I was hoping for.





And now for a little update...John has been able to get around a little better lately, so this last week we stopped by to see my Mom and Dad. I snapped this picture of my two favorite men and their matching walkers. I think it's cute!


(For those of you who may not know about all that has happened with my hubby and my dad this past month, you can read more here and here.)

But after spending the night in the Emergency Room last Thursday, we discovered that John has a blood clot in his leg. It's small, but we have to keep a close eye on it. SCARY!

So progress is coming, but it's very slow. Just trying to keep my chin up. But I gotta keep it real...it's tough. Thanks to all of you who keep my spirits up with your sweet comments and emails! I sure am grateful!

Something fun headed your way tomorrow! Make sure and stop by!!

17 comments:

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Well, bless their little pea-pickin' hearts.... Hopefully all will be well very soon...

Many blessings,
Spencer

Paula & Skip said...

Congrats to your husbands birthday. Hope both of your fave men are better by now. Hugs across the pond!

awal.ny said...

Happy birthday to you husband. My husband would prefer pie too but he is the one who makes the pie so I make him cake. Keep smiling it will get easier.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! I'm glad to hear he's doing better. I hope the blood clot doesn't turn into anything serious.

michelle said...

happy birthday to your husband... that is so cute them both with their walkers...

Peggy said...

That is such a sweet picture of your dad and husband! We will keep both of them and their recovery in our prayers! And you too because I know this is just as hard on you (its not easy "sitting" by and watching your loved ones hurting... I know... been there, done that!) Breath deep and take it one moment at a time, okay so I am preaching to myself mostly! ha ha! Take care and know that you are being thought of and prayed for daily!!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Cute photo of your guys. Continued recovery wishes for both of them!

Suzanne said...

I'm sure it was wonderful celebrating his birthday. Instances like the ones you've been through this last month, put birthdays into perspective. Each one celebrated is a blessing. Hope those two men of yours continue to improve. Take care. - Suzanne

Melissa said...

That pic of your hubby and dad is great! They both look happy in spite of the circumstances. You continue to be in my prayers.

Michele Pacey said...

your pie looks so sweet with that little bunting gracing it. and from the photo, your husband and father appear to be on their way to improved health. It is a long haul though, isn't it? hang in there, you're doing so well!

Laura said...

What a sweet picture of your hubby & dad! Happy Birthday to your hubby! Love the pie bunting!
I hope everything goes well with John's blood clot & he continues to heal & feel better.

Lindsay said...

So glad he is on the road to recovery Wendy. The photo of your hubby and dad is precious!

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

Hoping and praying that both of your guys are doing much better, and specifically that the blood clot issue is healed. The pie looks so cute.

Taylor-Ann said...

Hey Wendy- Glad to see your two favorite men are on the mend. Chin up and take one day at a time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Taylor

Kendra@My Insanity said...

That picture is going to summarize this period of life for you as you look back on it when they are running around again. Good luck with the rest of the process.

I love the bunting in the pie. That might be a way to spruce up Thanksgiving a bit!

Cheryl said...

So good to see your dad and your hubby up and around. I am sure being able to get up and get around attributes that great big smile on his face.

freckled laundry said...

Aw. That photo of them with their walkers is precious and heartbreaking at the same time! Love your pie bunting. Just wanted to stop in and say hello.

Hugs,
Jami