10.14.2010

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday!

I have been wanting something pretty and feminine for a dark corner of my home office. I have also been wanting to try my hand at making some tissue paper pom poms. So this week, I decided to go for it.





I will spare you all a tutorial on how to make them and refer you instead to the tutorial that I used by the ever-fabulous Martha.


Didn't they turn out pretty? I still have a few more to make before I put them up in the office, so I'll have to show you how it looks all finished later...pinky promise.










Now it's your turn...



You know "da rules"

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.

2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest.

3. Please leave comments on the posts of the participants you visit. Show them the love!

I reserve the right to remove links that are not in keeping with the spirit of Frugal Friday i.e. links to your business, your giveaway or other posts unrelated to frugal projects or frugal finds.




MY APOLOGIES TO THE FIRST 9 PEOPLE WHO LINKED UP TODAY...I WAS HAVING MCKLINKY ISSUES AND YOUR LINKS WERE ACCIDENTALLY ERASED. SO SORRY.

Have Fun!

21 comments:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Thanks for hosting. Love this blog party!

Lacey said...

Thanks for hosting indeed! And love the giant tissue pom poms!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

aaack! I'm so sorry, I posted the wrong picture! Can you please delete thumbnail #7, I reposted in thumbnail # 10. I don't see a way to delete it myself. thanks.

Decorchick! said...

Your pom poms are too cute. Thanks for hosting again Wendy!

The Pennington Point said...

I love the pom poms. I'm the same...I have been wanting to make some but haven't stopped to do it. Maybe I will do it now that I've seen how cute your are. Lisa~

Leanne said...

I love poms. They're so fun to make. Thanks for hosting every week.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love pom poms! I am planning to make some for our Halloween party and for my granddaughter's 1st birthday party! :)

Christie said...

Love the tissue pom poms! think I will try!

Chrissie said...

Thanks so much for hosting! I just became a new follower!

Ann said...

Those pompoms look lovely and seems so much fun to do.

gnee @ Singing With Birds said...

Thanks so much for having all of us over. Looks like there's lots to see! Have a delight-Fall weekend.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Love the pompoms! Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Richella said...

Your pom-poms are so pretty, Wendy! I love the way you made them from white tissue paper. I once made lots of brightly-colored ones for a Cinco de Mayo party, and they were cute. . . but yours are pretty and sophisticated looking!

Thanks for hosting Frugal Friday. I've missed a couple of weeks, so I really look forward to participating today. Blessings to you and your family!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I love the poms!
I never have anything frugal to post (my husband would complain about the very same thing$)... but I wanted to stop in and visit.
Not often enough these days :-)

Megan {Honey We're Home} said...

Thanks for hosting Wendy! Have a great weekend!

Tere said...

Thanks for hosting! Oops~I already posted the teacher gift D last week....sorry!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for hosting. This will be fun!

AliLilly said...

Thanks for hosting! :)

billiemonster said...

Oodles of thanks for hosting as usual! :O)

~ www.billiemonster.com ~

Taylor-Ann said...

Thanks for hosting....

There were so many projects I couldn't decide on which one to start with..but here are two I viwed today.

1. the owl stamp
2. the giving thanks owl board (what a great idea an tradition to start with a family).

Hope you have a good weekend! My prayers are with your men.

Taylor

Lisa said...

Thank YOU for hosting. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog!