9.09.2010

Frugal Round-up and another update~

Welcome to this week's Frugal Round-up!

Today I have some fun projects to share...I just love all the inspiration I receive from Frugal Friday!!

First up, craft eNVy shared her fun branch mural. I'm always so impressed by people that can freehand these sorts of things!





Paisley Passions shared a darling chalkboard dining table...I'd love to use this great idea for a dinner party!



Aimless Tangents shared a simple and pretty luminary tutorial. I love this idea.




Next, Creative Little Daisy posted about her DIY birdcage pendant light. What a fun and creative lighting option...I need to find me a little birdcage!



Finally, Inspired by You shared her lovely French Text Pillows. So pretty.




Don't forget, Frugal Friday goes up tonight at 10:00 pm EST. Can't wait to see you all there!


And last but not least, I've had people pointing out that I haven't given any updates on John or my dad in a bit so here it goes...

John is home, and, to be honest, things are very difficult. He is still in a lot of pain, so his doctor prescribed some different painkillers that he hopes will work better. John has an appointment today for xrays to make sure his lungs are okay (he had a chest tube for his collapsed lung, and they are worried about the possibility of pneumonia.) After the difficulties we had even getting him in the house, I was extremely worried, so I had to call for medical transport to get him to his appointment. It's a bit pricey, but I really didn't have any other choice. (And don't even get me started on insurance complaints...I could probably go on for years!) So we're plugging along as best we can. But it's so hard to feel so helpless.

As for my dad, he is suffering from pneumonia and is still in ICU. He did overcome a scary bowel obstruction, however, so we are counting our small victories. He also seems in better spirits, and is determined to get through this. It's good to see a bit of my old can-do-anything dad reappearing. It gives me a sense of comfort in the middle of the craziness.

I want to thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers and for your sweet emails and genuine concern. You are helping more than you can ever know.

xoxo
Wendy

24 comments:

SarahAnne said...

I haven't posted yet to offer my love. I am so sorry for everything you are going through. My husband was in an accident in April. Though he just suffered whiplash, I have a tiny glimpse of the nightmare you are in, and I am truly sorry. I will keep you, your husband, and your father in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

Crystal said...

Prayers and love to you and your family from me and my family.

Samantha said...

I am so sorry to hear of your husband and dads accidents. What a time you must be going through.

On a decorating note, I LOVE the chalkboard table!

Ladipierce said...

Hang in there Wendy. Do what you must do right now and worry about the money and the darn insurance later. You are showing your strength right now. Don't forget to take care of yourself. We're still praying for your family.

paige said...

i feel so helpless being so far away, but know you're in my prayers wendy as he obviously is too. it's so hard to see our big strong competent protector of the family in such a vulnerable position. i pray he continue to heal well & swiftly.
much love friend

Heidi said...

Lots of love and prayers for your family.

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Here's hoping things continue to move forward in a positive way and that you have the strength to handle the addition responsibilities and pressures placed on you. Hang in there! Janell

Herself said...

I am absolutely in LOVE with the luminaries! I will have to check this out. We just bought a home, so I am thinking of ways to beautify all this new space!

Autum said...

Thank you so much for your kind words about my bird cage light.

It seems so very insignificant though, considering how much has happened in your family this past week. You and your husband and father are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine the worry and stress you are experiencing right now. It's a shame you have insurance issues to deal with on top of everything else. Know that many prayers are beings said on your behalf!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I have been thinking of you. I am praying things get easier for you all soon. And that your dad and John heal quickly!

Life in Rehab said...

Wendy, medical problems are never easy. I'm having a crisis with my mother, so I know how you feel to an extent. We're all praying for you; I can't imagine how my heart would ache if that was my husband.

Lindsay said...

Gosh Wendy, when it rains it pours! Thinking about you!! HUGS!

Cap Creations said...

Girl I am praying for you all. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you out. I would even love to see about getting your address to that I can send you over a gift card for pizza or some type of dinner that could be delivered to you. Just to take the burden of making dinner for one night. Let us know how we can help!

Desiree @ Just Another Day in Paradise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desiree @ Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I have a little kids table that I plan on making over with chalkboard paint on top! it's such a great idea :-)

As for the update, I am praying for a full recovery for both your husband and dad. So sorry that all of this is happening at once.

-Desiree

Amy said...

Oh Wendy, I can't imaging the frustration of not feeling like you can just fix it all (I call it the mommy syndrome). God has a plan through all of this, I know he does (and I suspect you know as well). Love and prayers to you all!

C H R I S T I said...

Honey, just wanted you to know that I am praying for you guys...

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

HI Wendy, just to let you know I am praying for you. I know God answers prayer. I've seen Him help navigate us through rough waters many times! Know you are prayed for.
blessings,
Debbie

vintage girl at heart said...

Continued Prayers and Blessings for your The Men in your life.
Long term care can be so frustrating..I know...make sure to try and take care of yourself so you do experience burn out.
Love these inspirations today!!! Especially that bird cage pendant light!!! Oh and the chalk board table top../too cute!!!
Take Care!!

Taylor-Ann said...

To hear everyone is in better spirits even if in lots of pain. You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday.

side note- I LOVE that bird cage mendant lighting. What a great idea. I have two bird cages from my wedding I have been trying to figure how to use them. I think I found it.

Happy Thursday! -Taylor-Ann

Megan {Honey We're Home} said...

Praying for complete healing and believing it's already done.

LuLu said...

Wish i could be of help to you, wish we weren't so far away. My praying for all of you. Your story i know very well, it's what happened to our family this summer with my cousin and his family... so heart reaches out to all of you.
Be strong, keep the faith,
xo,
LuLu

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I am lifting you and your family up in prayer... tough times call for tough people.
(((♥)))

Mona said...

I am new to your blog and I'm sorry to hear about your husband and dad being hurt/ill. After reading how hard it was to get your husband home, I'm glad you went with medical transport this time.
I am praying for you all.
My favorite Bible verse is Philippians 4:13>I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I am praying for strength and healing for you and yours.