7.19.2010

I'm Melting~

It has been hot around here. And when I say hot, I mean hot.



Now, I must preface the rest of my post by saying that the dry heat out here in Utah, is much more bearable than the humid heat back East. But, all that goes out the window when our AC is broken.

Yes, our AC is broken. The kiosk down by our town park said it was 105 degrees yesterday. And I might have been able to handle that, if the temperature inside our house wasn't 93 degrees. It's true. I looked at the thermostat at 5:30 pm, and it was 93 degrees inside our house.


The basement was liveable...almost pleasant...and the house cools down nicely at night. But the heat makes me cranky. Like the wicked witch of the west. And I did feel like I was melting.

Now, before you go feeling too sorry for me, our AC is set to be fixed today. Of course, the temperature is supposed to go down today as well. So maybe I'll feel more like Glinda than her cranky sister. And maybe I'll actually be able to get something accomplished rather than becoming a puddle of melted goo on the floor.




Or then again, maybe I'll just go to the pool and work on my tan. ;-)

Have a great day~

15 comments:

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

I feel for you! Our AC is working, but when it's 111 degrees outside I still don't feel like doing anything. Cool down is coming to So. Cal. too! I'm almost giddy to only be in the 90's this next week.

Andi's English Attic said...

Oh I hope your AC is up and running very, very soon. In the meantime try putting your feet in a bowl of cold water. You still won't want to do much, but it feels SOOOOO good. :) xx

Gina said...

Dry heat, humid heat, it's all heat! I hope you get to cool off today!!

Laura said...

I hope your a/c gets fixed soon today! I'm not good in the heat either - I'm a much better momma with the air on! Have fun at the pool & enjoy the cooler house when you get back!

Amy said...

We had no air at the beginning of summer, it was torture!

Can I ask how you get the colors in your picture like that? I love it!

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Sometimes I wish that air conditioning was never invented. Of course mine hasn't been broken during a heat wave.

I grew up without air, and I still love the whirl of the fans and the sounds of the outdoors. Call me crazy...and I probably would be if it was 105 and no air conditioning!

I love your nail polish. Can you share who makes it and what color it is?
So summery and fun,
Joyce
Joyce

LouAnne said...

I can't imagine being without a/c in this heat!! Hope you were actually able to get it repaired!

Sally Hamilton said...

I don't know how it knows ... but my A/C-heater unit always seems to know when it's 1) the hottest day of the year, 2) the coldest day of the year, 3) Friday night/weekend,4) a holiday, or 5) when I have company. It's kinda scary, actually ...

Mandi said...

I'm sorry your AC is out! It has been real hot here in UT. Last year ours went out, and I was 1 week away from having our 4th baby. . . believe me when I called to have them fix it and they tried to schedule for a few days later, I do recall the words coming out of my mouth being "it's hotter than hell in here. You have to come sooner."

Nicole Braden said...

I'm so sorry! Our AC just got fixed after being broken for a week! It was SO hard!!!!! Hang in there!

Laura said...

105 here too, but with Texas humidity. I love love love my new AC. Last summer, we had an old unit that tried really hard, but never quite got to comfortable. I personally am not leaving the house unless it's to go to the pool!

The Little Red Shop said...

I hope the air-conditioning fixin' runs smoothly. Have a gorgeous week!

: )

Julie M.

freckled laundry said...

Man, I don't do heat either. My 7-year-old dodges me when it gets above 80. I hope your air is back up and running, soon!

Angela said...

OH NO! I hope it's up and running soon!!

Plays with Paints said...

I feel for you. I can't come up with a straight thought when I am hot. Hopefully the "hot" days will be over soon and you can relax. Best Wishes