7.23.2010

Frugal Friday (and my bloggy birthday)~

Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday!

I am pre-empting my regular Frugal Friday project this week, because I am a bad blogger.

Would you believe that yesterday was The Shabby Nest's 2 year blogiversary? And I forgot. Okay, well I didn't really forget. I knew it was at the end of July...I just didn't remember what day, until I looked back through my archives...yesterday. Silly girl that I am.




So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOG!



This little blog has become such an important part of my life. It is really an extension of who I am. It is my catharsis...my creative outlet. Through writing this blog I have made many amazing friends...real, true friends! I have an online community that is creative, inspiring and incredibly supportive! I look forward each and every day to reading your comments - I just love to see what you all have to say! And I adore visiting your wonderful blogs and soaking up the inspiration!

I am so grateful for my fabulous readers! I love that you come and visit my little old blog. I love that you link up to Frugal Friday! I love that this little corner of the blogosphere is the place I call my bloggy home.

Thank you for two wonderful years of blogging here at The Shabby Nest! Here's to many more! (and I think we'll have a little bloggy birthday party next week...since I was so oblivious this week....)





But now it's your turn...

Got something you want to share this week for Frugal Friday?

You know "da rules"...



1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest so that others can share in the frugal goodness.
3. Comment, comment, comment! Show our participants the love!



36 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Happy 2nd anniversary!! I've enjoyed your blog from the beginning or close to it!! You have been such an inspiration to me and my home!

Thanks again for another great party!

bee blessed
mary

The Frosted Gardner said...

Happy Birthday to your Blog! I so enjoy it!

Decorchick! said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love you blog, and we started the same day! I started May 21 of this year! :)

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Happy Birthday Shabby Nest!! Here's to many more! Thanks so much for hosting - Hope you have a fabulous weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Happy Happy Bloggy Birthday! :)

jociegal said...

Happy Blog Birthday! Thanks for the great blog.

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday, I certainly enjoy reading it! Janell

Leanne said...

Happy Birthday to the Shabby Nest. Have a beautiful weekend!

Emily @ Finding My Aloha said...

Happy Birthday Shabby Nest! Thanks for a great link party!

Joanna @ The Casa said...

Happy Blog Birthday to one of my very favorite blogs!

Laura said...

Happy Blog Birthday! I've been with you since almost the beginning & have loved watching your blog grow. Your ideas & style are so inspiring! Have a wonderful weekend!

paige said...

oh what fun!
happy blog birthday wendy!!!!!
you are one of the sweetest loyal bloggers & i am so glad i "found" you!
xo

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

happy birthday to the shabby nest! and a very merry unbirthday to you, wendy!

Life in Rehab said...

Two years? Wow! Happy Blogiversary!

Jen said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday! So exciting!

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

congrats on your blogiversary! My 1 year is tomorrow (24th).
Thanks for hosting, my first time joining in.
gail

the cape on the corner said...

yay, how exciting! happy blog birthday! thanks so much for hosting every week. i'm a newer blogger, but i too feel it is really cathartic and quite freeing. i am much less censored on my blog than, say, facebook.

Judy said...

Happy bloggy birthday! It's amazing how much impact even a blog can have on our lives!

Thanks for the wonderful linkup!

Wendy said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday and thanks for hosting@!

Lori@ Paisley Passions said...

Happy, Happy Bloggity Blog Birthday!!! Thanks for hosting the party :)

Suzanne said...

Happy, happy day! I love your inspirational blog!

Alix said...

Oh No! I didn't think my first link-up went through and now I have 2! Sorry :(

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday to the Shabby Nest! :)

jen @ homeinthecountry said...

happy blogiversary! :)

Lolly Jane said...

happy birthday to your blog! so glad you started it, i love it.

thanks for hosting!! :) have a great wknd!

Carmie, the Single Nester said...

Congratulations and here's to many more . . .

AliLilly said...

Happy Birthday Shabby Nest!!! I love you blog. I just found it a few weeks ago. I love coming here and not just for Frugal Friday! Like for example your blog about your sister. So sweet. My sister is like my best friend and we are so intertwined in our lives but now I live in Az and she's still back home in Tx and man....I miss her! Anywho, Thanks for hosting these great link parties! :)

becca said...

happy blogaversary!

shopannies said...

happy anniversary. I love the pink cupcakes they are very charming

Kim said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Couture de Papier said...

Happy B day Leo's are awesome! Mine is next Friday I am inspired by the pink cupcakes!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Well, Happy B Day to you or Happy Aniversary which ever. I for one am glad you are here. I love your blog. Thanks for hosting the party.
Brooke

FineArtPainting said...

congratulations!

rose
finecraftguild.com

Bee and Rose said...

happy birthday to your bloggy!

Star @ A Load Of Craft said...

Happy Blogday!!

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Happy 2nd Blogiversary! This is my first time participating in yoru party. Thanks for hosting!
~ Jo :)