7.14.2010

Bouyant~


Do you have someone in your life who makes you feel lighter? carefree? bouyant? I'm lucky enough to have someone like that.


My sister.


Amazing that sometimes we are lucky enough to be given a best friend...to grow up with one...to have that person be a part of our lives through birth and by choice.


That's my sister and me...


When we're together, we act a little younger...laugh a little more...cry sometimes...she is someone who really understands me...who understands the inner-workings of my brain...and loves me despite it all. She understands me in a different way even than the hubby does (and he knows me better than I know myself)...because she and I are very much the same person...like twins...with a few years between us.


I can never express my thanks enough for the gift God has given me in her.


But I'll never stop trying.



(Our matching bracelets from
DownEast Outfitters...buy one get one free...just thought you'd like to know.)

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

I was just going to say: Love the bracelet! will check out the website

Kimberly said...

don't see the bracelet? under accessories?

Sally Hamilton said...

I have TWO fabulous sisters. And I truly believe the saying, "Sisters by chance, Friends by choice."

Mandi said...

Wendy you're gonna make me cry! My sister is visiting here in UT from IL and she's leaving tomorrow and I can barely hold it together.

jociegal said...

Awwww - sisters. I feel ya on this one. They are the only ones who you can fight with like CRAZY when younger and still laugh about it.

Andi's English Attic said...

I have brothers, but I have a womb-to-tomb friend who was born just a few months before me and our mums were friends before that, so she's my sister in all but blood. xx

Holly said...

Ok,...you just made me cry! Just for the record the feeling is mutual. Although I don't think I could have worded it so beautifully...

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life said...

I was just telling a friend of mine how lucky she was to have a sister a "forever friend" I love it, I was an only child and I would do anything to have had a sister growing up!! That is why I had to have at least 2 kids so they could grow up together and be forever friends! I always tell my son he better be nice to his little sister because she is his forever friend... one day he will get it!

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Now that is a blessing! Janell

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life said...

I didn't see the bracelet either and I am bummed =(

waldenbunch said...

My sister passed away 10 years ago and I miss all our silly moments and the bond that comes from being a part of each other's lives. So glad you treasure your sister.

Laura said...

what a sweet post! i'm an only child & have always been envious of sisters. you & your sister are truly blessed to have each other!

Nicole Braden said...

What a sweet post! My dad is my best friend! I always feel like my cares just drift away whenever I am with him! I love having best friends!!!!!!!! : )