6.21.2010

This I Love: vinyl on mirrors~

And LET THE GAMES BEGIN...

You would not believe how crazy fun it is to have...
a house full of family,
my two oldest starting swimming lessons,
our car in the shop (but - thankfully- coming home today!),
a cell phone that is dead because Mr. Three threw it off the balcony (yes, he did),
a washing machine on the fritz,
and numerous other crazy events going on all at the same time.
Okay, I'm sure you are questioning my sanity at using the word fun... but, aside from the washing machine, and the dead cell phone,
...it really is fun.

But I'm taking a breather from it all, to share with you my latest crush...vinyl on mirrors. Love it.


via The Lettered Cottage

I really love this one...I'm a typography nut anyway, and the fact that the words are sideways is intriguing to me.

Photo by Kasey of Lola B's
As soon as I saw this mirror on Kasey's blog, I emailed her asking where she got it...the fabulous bird is from McMaster and Storm. Love it!!

Gotta make me one of these mirrors...adding it to the "to do" list right now.

Have a great day~

19 comments:

paige said...

me too!
i love that gold birdie & i really love the text on the mirror. i've never seen that one
gorgeous

Lindsay said...

Oh SO cute! Thanks for sharing :)

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

This is such a cool look! Janell

Lorrie said...

these both look like wonderful ways to add personality and FUN to your home!

Kim said...

Ok, who started this? As soon as I saw the post title I knew it would be a brilliant idea! Stay sane :).

Andrea said...

I have a mirror that I was just wondering what to do with...now I know! Thanks for the GREAT tip.

1 Funky Woman said...

Love the words on the mirror. I love how they are vertical too!

Laura @ Just For Love said...

OH.MY.GOSH. I love it!! Thanks for sharing this with us. I think I'm totally going to have to copy this. If I do I will most certainly link back to you, lovely lady. Thanks again!

Laura said...

i think you have a wonderful attitude - no sense in stressing, just enjoy spending time with family! i looove that birdie on the mirror - very cute!

Shel at Dreamy Nest said...

Gosh - your summer sounds like my summer! And you're still blogging! I took a month-long break because I couldn't deal. Kudos, hun!

I'm a typography nut, too and I LOVE those words on that mirror!! I have an old mirror... hmmmmm... Great ideas! Thanks!

Kasey said...

okay...couldn't you at least lighten up that photo so it doesn't look like i live in a dungeon?
sheesh.
just kidding...i'll live.

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

I saw that first pic a little while back and have been trying to figure out where I can do something like it!
Kristine
xx

Suzanne said...

That gold bird is so beautiful on that mirror. Such a great idea!

Jennifer Rizzo said...

I love the ones with the words!

debra said...

Very fun. This is definitely one of those 'why didn't I think of that moments'. I love that bird!

I'm sorry to say I laughed when you said Mr Three tossed your phone off the balcony. When my daughter was 3 she put my driver's license in the shredder - luckily (I think) I was right there to catch it before it went all the way in. I still had to go to the MVD with my half shredded license to get a replacement. I laugh about it now...

LuLu & Co. said...

Where have i been! How have i missed such a fabulous thing! Oh my word i've a new love!!!
So happy to hear about all the fun going on!!
xo,
LuLu

Terrell said...

Seriously adorable!! I just love this! Thank you so much for sharing!!
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

The Painted Home said...

love that bird

Bobbi@SnoodleDoodles said...

LOVE this idea! Thanks for the inspiration!