6.28.2010

Staycation~

Okay, so I must admit, ever since the media coined the term "Staycation" I've thought the whole idea was a bit silly. I mean, to me, I can't vacation while remaining at home. Too much to do. I just can't play when I know there are dishes waiting, laundry to be done, yardwork, (and don't forget the decorating projects). But this last week has shown me that having a "staycation" is actually possible. Of course, in my case, it requires people on actual vacations to be present.



Having my wonderful family visiting has kept me playing...and having a blast! But I've been so busy (and tired) that everything else has taken a back seat.



Today, I'm off to the pool with the sis and her family...but I promise to be back tomorrow with a real decorating-related post. Speaking of decorating...anybody catch last night's Design Star? Love that show! You all have any favorites yet? I know I do.


Oh, and Frugal Friday is the biggest to date! Click here for some Frugal Inspiration!


I'm off to play...


Have a great day~

14 comments:

claudia b said...

Love having family stay with us!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I missed DS last night, but it's waiting for me on DVR. :) Enjoy your time with your family!

randomcathy.com said...

I love Staycations!!!! So glad you got to play.

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Okay, where have I been?! I've not heard of this. I agree, I have to get away, too much to do when home, but having guests certainly allows things to take a different path. Glad you had a awesome weekend! Janell

Amy said...

I love staycations! I also love the slide picture! have a great day!

Carrie said...

Our staycations for the last 3 years have all consisted of a teeny bit of relaxing but 98% working on our whole-house remodel... I am SO over it and I'll cry if I get another one! ;) Yours looks like a TON of fun, though! Enjoy!

Sheila @ Dodging Raindrops said...

That is a great photo. I'm sure you and your family will treasure it looking back.

Boston Bee said...

staycations are theeeee best! ;)bb

Smullin Family said...

My idea of a staycation is to stay close-to-home, not AT home.
We stayed in a hotel across town, last year, and did things my kids had never done. It was a BLAST! I hate car traveling, so the drive there and back was lovely. :)

debra said...

I am totally hooked on Design Star. I can't wait for Sunday nights. I don't think I have a favorite quite yet.

Donna said...

Wendy..it must be that time of the year..I just posted tons of grandbaby pictures. I've just gotten them off after a week of activity..and now am going to rest. There was just about NO time to blog. But we had a lot of fun!

I love those photos! Your family looks so cute!

Have a great day!
Donna @ Comin' Home
www.thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com

paige said...

that slide picture is entirely too cute.!
sounds like a wonderful staycation
xo

EmmyLou said...

Found your blog through Brunch at Saks. Beautiful posts! Excited to be following!

Meredith said...

With Mark Burnett at the helm, it has changed. The packing the bags is like The Apprentice. I am underwhelmed with most of the designers so far but I watch anyway. But it is amazing to see how many want to be on TV yet have no screen presence! The 3 headed host/judge thing is kinda odd too. I have liked Top Design on Bravo better.