6.03.2010

Frugal Friday~

In one of my posts about the Tween bedroom I'm doing for Mr. One, I asked your expert opinion about how I should refinish his dresser. I already knew what I wanted to do, so I was really just looking for validation from my infallible readers. And you all came through for me. I think it was pretty much a unanimous vote that I should paint the dresser gray. So paint it gray I did. I pulled out the same dove gray color we used for the headboard in our master bedroom (Ralph Lauren's Moonlight) and went to town.


I have been wanting a dresser for the other side of the bed to balance it out. Then I remembered that we had a dresser sitting in storage not holding much of anything. So I found other places for the not-much-of-anything stuff, and finished the funny little dresser the same way I finished the first. Because this dresser had horrible rectangular knobs, I went to my local Tar-jay and purchased some great oil-rubbed bronze oval knobs. They really make both dressers look perfect...more tailored.



Now, keep in mind, I still have to style the room, but wouldn't you agree, that the two dressers look fabulous? (If I do say so myself.)



Now it's your turn...

You know "da rules"...

1. Link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest so others can share in the frugal goodness.
3. Comment, COmMenT, COMMENT! Please show our participants the love!






18 comments:

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

The dressers look great! I love how color unifies furniture in a room!
Thanks so much for hosting!

Leanne said...

I love the dressers. The knobs are perfect. Thanks for hosting every week.

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Always great ideas here and that canopy....to die for! Happy weekend to ya! Susie

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

I love the look of those two dressers. Because they're different the room has an eclectic edge though having the same paint colour pulls everything together. Love it. I've been looking to do the same type of thing in my master bedroom though am still on the hunt fo the right pieces of furniture.
Kristine
xx

Pam said...

The dressers are perfectly in sync now. It's all coming together; well done!

Laura said...

love the dressers - perfect! they look amazing!

Red Door Home said...

Gray was such a fantastic choice. They look perfect in the room. Well done!

misty w. said...

I LOVE the grey...so calming! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Momma to Bug n' Bear said...

I'm so glad you chose gray for the dressers! It is such a great color for a boy's room.

Check out my $1 lamp makeover and thanks for hosting!

http://mommatobug.blogspot.com/2010/06/wooden-lamp-makeover.html

-Desiree

Anna said...

the dressers look so good painted gray. I used those same knobs in my bathrooms.
I'm sure your son will be happy with all that storage too!

miss corner cape said...

love those dresser redos. which i could find some to redo, i keep looking but coming up empty!

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

The dressers look fabulous, and I love how they look in your son's room! His room is looking great so far! (I love the bed you chose, too, and that pillow you made of him is such a great idea!)

Have a beautiful day! :)

Londen @ Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Great color choice for your dresser!
Loving your blog and linked up to your party!
I'm your new follower.
Thanks
Londen

Room to Inspire said...

The dressers look great - I can't wait to dive into all of the great ideas! Thanks for hosting.

Chelsea

Lindsay said...

I FINALLY linked up! Yay! :) Have a great weekend Wendy!

Rebecca said...

I love how the little dressers turned out! They look like they were always meant to go together. And the knobs add the perfect touch!

burlap+blue said...

The dresser looks fabulous! Amazing how a simple color change can make such a difference! Thanks for hosting another great linky party! xo

Aubrey said...

you did a great job on the dressers! Love your blog~