6.17.2010

99% Complete and A Winner~

Happy Thursday! The Boys' Sock Monkey Bedroom is now 99% complete. So I've compiled a little slide show to give you all a look-see at the room...again.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Boys' Sock Monkey Room
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow generated with Smilebox



I just love this room! So why is it not 100% complete? Well, if you've read my blog for any length of time at all, you probably realize by now, that no room is EVER complete. I'm a tweaker. Yes, I am. And the two things I'd still like to tweak in this room?


First, the rug. I want something a little more boyish than the abstract floral-type rug I have in there. The colors are right, but the pattern is all wrong.


Second, I want to wallpaper the inside of the closet.

Since this house has no doors on the closets, they need to become a design feature. I thought adding a little punch with wallpaper would accomplish that task nicely. But since we rent, it can't be permanent. So I'm thinking of trying some of this. Easy Change wallpaper from Sherwin Williams. Removes simply by pulling it off the wall. No solvents...no damage. Perfect for renters. What do you all think?


And last, but not least, the winner of the Modern Bird Studios giveaway is... Mindy Gauthier. Mindy, drop me an email and we'll get you set up with your uber-fabulous prize!!


Have a great day~

15 comments:

Kim said...

I rent as well. That easy change stuff sounds so cool! My husband collects comics and I just found a comic one on their site. Thanks for the info. I think I might have to get him some to put in his office. He's just my big kid. lol

Frau said...

It turned out so good!

Laura said...

the room turned out amazing! i love your wallpaper idea for the closet - what a perfect idea! can't wait to see it!

Roseanna said...

A classy fun bedroom that they can grow into. Great job!!

Preppy Mama said...

OMG! I love it!! Please come and do my boys' room!!! Gorgeous!

1 Funky Woman said...

This room is so fantastic! I love the sock monkey theme with the classic colors! I have my sock monkey that was my mother's before I got it! I think it is over 65 years old by now! Such a great room!

Between You and Me said...

love the room...it's amazing. You did a fabulous job with all the details! Love the colors!!!

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

No doors on any of the closets? But it works in this room, I think wallpapering the back wall of the closet would look just great!! Janell
p.s. flash is not working on my computer so I can't see the rest of the room!! :(

Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely said...

Looks great! You could also try the fabric and liquid starch thing on the inside wall of the closet (I believe I first saw the idea on Infarrantly Creative.) It's a good non-permanent solution.

Momma to Bug n' Bear said...

I love this room! I think my favorite part is the closet. Aren't sock monkeys adorable? Never would have thought to make a theme out of them but if I ever had a boy I would do it.
-Desiree

Elisabeth said...

We just bought a house covered in wallpaper (old, ugly, tobacco stained wallpaper). It took us 3 weeks, including a few 12 hour days to remove it and the glue, which had to be scrubbed over every inch with vinegar and hot water to get it off. So, I am a pretty big non fan of wallpaper at the moment!! However, I'm sure there are new types that go on and off much easier so if that's the case, I'll be excited to see what you pick, because I do love pattern!

Katie said...

It looks so great! Now tell us the truth - is it always that clean?

Life in Rehab said...

I love the theme, it's so cute but yet so "guy"!

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

so fun! And I really need to learn your staging techniques! The colors of even the clothes in the closest are perfectly matched! How do you do it! Cuuuute room!

MICHELL said...

That's so CUTE!! I make sock monkey hats and I've been surprised to learn so many people have sock monkey rooms:)