4.05.2010

Painted, Facebooked, and Ohdeedohed~

First up...I painted my green buffet white. I know...I know. Some of you are going to be very mad at me. I tried to live with the pretty green in our new house. Honestly I did. And it simply did not work. I couldn't take it anymore. Well, that, and the fact that if you saw the piece up close, it was looking very worse for the wear. We purchased it with the green paint job, and the man who had refinished it? Well, let's just say that he didn't do the best job. It was chipping like crazy.

BEFORE (pretty in our old house):

So the hubby gave it a good sanding, then I pulled out the white paint and set to work. I'll be honest with you. I don't really like to paint that much. But what I do like is the almost instant gratification I get from it. The furniture (or room) transforms so quickly right before my eyes...like magic.


AFTER (pretty in our new house):

And now that this pretty piece is white...it is like magic! It brightened up the space...and it looks so clean and fresh and spring-y. It makes me happy! Now for a little accessory tweaking...but that's another post.


Next up, you can now find The Shabby Nest on Facebook!! And I need some fans! Yes I do. I've placed a Shabby Nest fan box over on my sidebar. If you feel so inclined, I'd love to have you as a fan on Facebook!! Yes I would!


Finally, for those of you who haven't seen my mini-mudroom, (there are some of you out there right?) Ohdeedoh ran a fun feature on it yesterday. You can find it here.



With the busy Easter weekend, and now spring break upon us, I'm still making my way through all the fabulous Frugal Friday links from last week...so look for Linky Love comin' up soon.


And don't forget to go vote for the week 6 challenge at So You Think You Can Decorate! I can use all the votes I can get. ;-)

Have a great day~

32 comments:

Red Door Home said...

The white looks clean and crsip. Good choice to repaint instead of leaving the green.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I like it white! It looks great against your wall color, too!

Jill said...

I seriously LOVE it-especially with the pictures of the kiddos!

Gail Griner Golden said...

I Love it! Of course, I love all things white. Good job - it really made a difference. (wish I had a cabinet like that)

Lorie said...

I LOVE it white, but white is my favorite color.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

looks great! white makes anything look fresh and updated. i like it in the white better with your decor, also- just fits better!

Rebecca said...

The white looks great! You've inspired me to FINALLY paint the buffet in my dining room that I've been putting off for FAR too long!

Julie Johnson said...

LOVE it! Now if I could only convince my hubby that it's ok to paint a hutch and buffet in my dining room. Sigh...it may be awhile!

Lou Cinda said...

LOVE it white!! It just pops against your wall!

Beautiful job! I don't like to paint either yet I seem to do it all the time!

Lou Cinda :)

Katie said...

I liked it green, but I also really like it white. It's such a great piece!

VivatRegina said...

I think the white looks fabulous! :D Oh and your mini-mudroom... GENIUS! I wish I had an entry way closet somewhere... :/

raggygirlvintage said...

A little white paint works magic! Looks fab!
Tracey

Cori said...

Loving this! It look FABULOUS!

So fresh and NEW.

Love you and your blog!

Cori

Amber said...

The white does look lovely in your new space!

Marianne@Songbird said...

I think I like most furniture better when it is painted white, and your lovely dresser is no exception. Great job!

Laura said...

I love your buffet white - it looks very crisp & fresh!

Esther@fleurcottage said...

i'm a white-paint-fan myself...looks great!

The Painted Home said...

oh, I can never get enough of that mini mud room! & the white buffet looks perfect now,Love it!
Are you on the list for the Parade of Homes? I think you are, me too. I'm afraid my home's going to look a little pathetic next to all the other 19 beautiful blogs! Can;t wait to see yours. Have a great day. -Denise

justtherightangle said...

I love the change! We have a buffet that we're currently using as a TV stand that I've been planning on painting white. Seeing how great yours looks is giving me extra motivation- thanks!
-Arielle

Mayra, mommy to Pooh Bear said...

I love how it looks in white. Great job!

Just started following .. =)

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue said...

I like the white much better myself. Very pretty!

Kolein said...

The white is lovely! Paint is amazing! Btw, I'm working on my mini room/closet transformation this week! (thanks to YOU!)

And I'll be meeting up with on FB too!

Congrats on the feature! Again! You rock this one!!

shari @ little blue deer said...

Congrats on Ohdeedoh! That's wonderful!

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

I loved it green, but it looks beautiful white as well! It is just such an attractive piece it would probably look good in many colors. Congrats on the mudroom feature!
Janell

Elisabeth said...

I like it MUCH better in white!
Do you remember what the wall colors are in both of those pictures?

Jeannies Bottle said...

I too prefer it in white!
Like your blog, have it book marked. Please visit mine!

Tricia said...

I think that the white is perfect!

LuLu said...

It's so happy!!! looks devine!!!
xo,
LuLu

Sabrina said...

Love the all white look. I have to say that I'm also in love with those bird prints in your Before pic too. Great job!

Londen @ Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

We don't have a mudroom and we have been trying to come up with something for our side entry. My mind is swirling with ideas because of your little closet/mudroom. Genius idea and so cute!!

melody-mae said...

Okay, I wandered over here from Susie Harris...and low and behold...I had JUST read the article about your mudroom!!! I have the spring fever itch and was just thinking of painting a table that everyone keeps telling me to leave alone...and I read your timely article about painting your buffet...I am so glad I 'found' you. I intstantly became a FB fan and a blog follower...

xxx.
M

luvmy5boyscora said...

I love the white! It is perfect. I am looking for a good white to paint my bedroom furniture. Do you mind sharing what color and type of paint this is? There are so many whites I am having a hard time picking one. You are very talented!