I was lucky enough to find this dresser on the curb...in tact...and in pretty decent shape to boot. When I first got it home, I painted it black. It sat like this for some time before I decided I just didn't like the black. (Well, truth be told...in this photo the black paint had really taken a beating as well...it had to be redone one way or another.)
So I decided to give my free little dresser a makeover. I painted it a lovely robin's egg blue and added one of my favorite details...numbers...to each drawer. You can read all about how I revived this little dresser here.
A little while later, I was lucky enough to happen upon another dresser on the curb. This dresser was in pretty sad shape, but it had a couple of drawers that looked pretty good, and the detailing was lovely, so I rescued the two drawers and brought them home.
I painted one with a single coat of white paint. I purposely didn't give the drawer more than one coat because I wanted it to look aged. I painted over the lock as well but then sanded it down to emphasize the pretty details. You can read all about how I repurposed the drawer here. It's sister sat in the "before" state until I finally got my act together this last week, and refinished it in the same way as the first.
Since the pulls on the drawers were a little worse for the wear, I added some fun ribbon in a brown polka dot.
With an open closet like this one, the storage has to not only be functional...it has to be attractive. Adding the sweet numbered dresser and the two rehabbed drawers, creates storage with personality befitting my fun boys' sock monkey bedroom. Thank heavens for found dressers!!
I've got lots of fun decorating projects coming up in the near future...so STAY TUNED!!
Have a great day~