3.30.2010

Three~


My baby turned 3 on Friday. Three. And it was a little melancholy for me. I have four kiddos. And although I have loved it, I am actually glad to be done with the "baby phase" of my child raising, but it was still sort of sad to see my littlest one turn 3. He's not a baby any more. He's a big kid.



A couple of years ago, I started the tradition of making each of the kiddos a birthday shirt with their age on it. They all look forward to it very much. For Mr. Three's shirt, I found a cute clipart number and used photo transfer paper. Gotta love that stuff!


We just had a small family celebration...but that was enough for him.



We had cupcakes (of course!) and he really enjoyed them - and the plate I frosted them on apparently.



With the money he received from his grandparents, he decided to buy this stuffed dragon. (Actually, what really happened is that I took him into the grocery store while the other kids were in school, and he saw the dragon, and wouldn't let go of it. So I decided that it was what he wanted with his birthday money. ) He hasn't let go of it since. And he even "helped" me to take a portrait of it for posterity. Not a bad picture for a three-year-old, huh?


Happy 3rd Birthday to my baby bear!
I still have a couple of openings for April sponsors...if you want to advertise on the Shabby Nest, you can find the info here.
Have a great day~

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

I hear you, my little one will be 3 in a couple of weeks and I can those 'baby' days passing by... she a big big girl now! Blessings, Vanessa

Sabrina said...

Oh, my baby is turning 3 in May and I'm already freaking out. I still call him my baby and people look at me like I'm nutts. He's even correcting me now saying "I'm NOT a baby! I a Big Boy!" I'm even taking pictures of what's left of his baby feet...see my post. Hee hee.

ashlina said...

awww. happy happy birthday! that is just too cute.
congrats.

raggygirlvintage said...

Love the t-shirt idea!
Tracey

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

Happy Birthday! My baby just turned 3 on Monday so we were celebrating this weekend too! Crazy how fast they go from being a baby to a little big kid!

Ria said...

the t-shirt is a great idea. Just wait until your baby is going to turn 17! threes years old was so long ago....

Andi's English Attic said...

That dragon looks as though he's having a great time! Happy birthday to your three-year-old.
My daughter is eleven now but still gets certain benefits from being the youngest. xx

Kasey said...

happy birthday to the big boy!

GrammaGrits said...

Oh, my baby turned 3-0 this year, yes, 30! But I can still see him at 3, so enjoy each year. What a great idea with the shirts!

Carrie said...

what a little tike! I love the plate licking photo, haha - good cupcakes!

Angie said...

So cute!!! My baby turned 9 today!!! I can hardly believe how fast it's gone by!

nateandkatesmom said...

My youngest is 6 now so the baby days are long gone for me, and I still get sad! I love the T-shirt idea. I wish I had started that tradition for my kids. They are soo cute! Happy Birthday to Mr. Three!