3.26.2010

Frugal Friday Linky Party (and a project)~

Welcome to this week's edition of the Frugal Friday Linky Party. Remember how I've been promising to share my own Frugal Friday post ? Well, this week I've finally done it. Today I'm talking about pretti-fying pillow cases.

When I was redo-ing our master bedroom, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for in the pillow case department. So I decided to create my own. Well, to be honest, all I did was embellish a pair of store bought cases.

I purchased a pair of white wrinkle free pillow cases, and then all I did was sew on some ribbon. Easy peasy.

What's that you say? You don't sew? No problem. Even someone who has never sewn can do this project. All it involves is one straight line of stitching.




Pick out a ribbon of your choice, and then simply stitch it along the seam of the pillow case edge. In my case, I decided to add pleats to my ribbon. But I am not super picky when I do this kind of thing, so I didn't fold and pin...no I didn't. I just folded the ribbon as I sewed....eyeballing it for spacing. Truly, it was soooo easy, and it turned out beautifully.

So pretty, in fact, that I use the cases more like pillow shams...they add just the right touch to my bedding. (And all for pennies!!)

Now it's your turn!!

You know "da rules"

1. Link directly to your post, not just to your blog.
2. Link back to the Shabby Nest so that other's can enjoy the frugal goodness as well!
3. Comment, comment, comment...show our participants "the love"!

Enjoy!!





22 comments:

Stephanie Lynn said...

The pillow cases are absolutely stunning. Amazing what a little ribbon can do. They look straight out of a catalog. Thanks for the inspiration - gorgeous! Thanks for hosting!

Leanne said...

The ribbon adds so much. It's beautiful and easy. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for hosting a fun party again.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Love this simple but very chic look! Great!!!

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Love that pewter colored ribbon! Thanks for hosting!

Donahue Family said...

I LOVE your bed!!! :)
This is a great idea and I cant wait to try it! THANKS

The Little Red Shop said...

What a very sweet pleat!

: )

Julie M.

ps Thank you again for hosting! Have a beautiful weekend.

Sheryl said...

Love the pillowcases!!! And really, no pins?

Sugar Bananas said...

Oh, it's simply elegant! Thanks for the great idea.

Marianne@Songbird said...

Your hole bedroom makeover is so inspiring! My bedroom is high on my list for this year too, if only I could figure out which way to go...
Thanks for hosting the party, I am so happy to have an extremely frugal project to link up.
Enjoy your weekend!

Carrie said...

Just perfect and I think I will try it! Eekk, thanks for making it sound easy x

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great and inexpensive touch to add to plain pillowcases! They look so much more special now!

Sarah - Roots and Wings said...

That's so simple and beautiful! Love it!

Can you tell us where you got that lovely coverlet? Pretty Please? =)

Aubrie Knight said...

just want to let you know, I have given you an award at http://stayhomeandplay.blogspot.com

Cheri said...

Thanks for hosting this link party! Love the pillowcase tip. It's so nice when something little makes a BIG difference. LOVELY!!!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Those pillows are beautiful!!! Just gorgeous!

Off to look at the links for today!
Blessings,
Stacey
ps--I'm having a Garden Party linky tomm., love for you to join in!

Kim said...

Your room turned out beautiful (shhh, it had my vote at SYTYCD).

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..You are a person after my own heart..When you cannot find what you want you make it yourself..Beautiful..great job!
I'm coming from Follow me Friday..I'm now a follower of yours..Great Ideas! I hope you will go to santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& find some ideas that might inspire you & your family/Home.
I hope you will follow me too.
I just finished 4 Kitchen Chairs for $1.25 ea. with black & white polka dots fabric..then 4 stools..a hutch..a table runner..& napkin holder..I couldn't stop! Ha!Ha!Anyway I have aprons,bows,vinyl lettering,one-painting,jewelry & Lots of recipes..so leave me a comment if you would & tell me what you think..Have a great day! Barb

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

so pretty! I LOVE that clock pillow!

bellacasa said...

Lovely and simple...that's my kind of sewing.

Cari said...

Where did you find the silver pillow with pleats and what looks to be a clock? I love it and would love to either make or buy one just like it!

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

Hi Cari...

I actually won the pillow in a giveaway...I linked to the blog in my week 4 So You Think You Can Decorate post.

Thanks,
Wendy

Mom to Many said...

I am always on the look out for more pillow ideas! Nice job!

Cheryl

http://ldsmomtomany.blogspot.com/2010/10/pottery-barn-knock-off-pillows-so.html