2.24.2010

Splish. Splosh. Dirty-Dirt Squash~

Like my title? The kiddos used to have a Leap Frog toy that sang this mildly annoying song about washing vehicles..."Splish. Splosh. Dirty-Dirt Squash"...notice I said they "used" to have the toy. Interestingly enough, I don't know where it disappeared to ;-)



But I digress. I was reading my mother's copy of Family Circle the other day when I happened across this cute idea. It's one for the files...




A vintage metal wash stand that has been retrofitted to hold two galvanized basins as sinks. Clever. Clever. Now maybe someday when I have a real laundry room again, I can use this idea.



In other news:

I have my high school reunion coming up this year. I have 20 pounds to lose... yes 2-0. Sigh. That's what having 4 kids in 7 years will do to you. Actually, I was able to lose all that baby weight after each of the first three...it's just been this last time...and Mr. Three is almost 3 years old. Needless to say, something must be done. So, my dear readers, I hope you'll indulge me, as I check in with you now and then, and let you know how I am progressing. I need someone (or, in this case, many someones) to be accountable to besides myself. I start on my points system today! Wish me luck!!



And finally, don't forget the FRUGAL FRIDAY LINKY PARTY!! Can't wait to see all the Frugal OCD (Obsessively Consumed with Decorating) goodness you come up with this time!



Have a great day~

14 comments:

Julie Johnson said...

Love that laundry room! With 4 kids, mine never looks that clean! :) Ah the 20 year reunion. I had mine last Summer...it was so much fun to see people. I was so nervous! I had weight to lose too....you can do it! The points does work so well. I'm there again, wanting to drop 10. Lets encourage each other along!
Julie

Jessica @ A Bushel and a Peck said...

Love the laundry room...hate that song. We have that LeapFrog thing on my fridge and I haven't been able to make it disappear...yet. :)

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

My baby #3 has been my hardest to lose. He'll be 4 this summer. If you have an iPhone, there is a great app called Lose It! It's free and tracks your calories and exercise. I've lost 5 pounds so far but have friends that have lost 20+ just by looking at the food they eat. Good luck!

metromom said...

I'm with you on the 20 pounds...my 20 year reunion is in July. And I am re-starting today (I lost about 8 lb in Jan/early Feb and then fell off the wagon the last few weeks)

Kristin said...

I saw that same photo in my mil's magazine and instantly handed it the husband!! I have a double wash stand in my laundry room as my hamper...I *love* it..shabby, little bit rusted, galvanized goodness!!
My baby is turning three this year...I've struggled with the whole extra tire around the middle, thighs, arms, neck...well you get the idea...finally starting to see results from The Firm kicking my butt everyday...sigh...it's a love hate thing...
Good Luck!! :0)

LuLu said...

ahhhh seeing that photo has me smiling... soooo cute and I know just where i would put that darling sink idea!!
I'm cheering you on!
xo,
LuLu

Kelsey said...

I have my 10 year reunion this summer and I'm a little nervous about it too! I'm gonna be having my second baby only about a month and a half before the reunion and I don't know if I want to put my "formerly pregnant self" on display quite yet!

Kelli said...

I love, love, love the colors in this picture! I also love the sinks, very creative.

Nancherrow said...

Love love the washstand idea. And I can identify with you. My 20th is this year too and I'm right there with you on the 20lbs. to lose. Good luck!

Lei said...

Love that wash basin idea! Very clever indeed!

The Chisholms said...

I have a highschool reunion this year too--and it happens to be about a month after I'll have my third baby--how fun! So much for looking grrrreat! Hopefully I'll be able to find something flattering to wear--maybe a parchute or a tent. :) We'll see. P.S.-I love your site, and stop by every day! Thanks for all of the inspiration and encouragenent!

Catherine said...

My weight with #3 was harder to loose too - I did end up losing it though using the point system, so I know you can do it! I used the food log at fatsecret.com - it made keeping track of points super easy. Good luck!

Astrid said...

Neat tub idea!

I just signed up to do a half marathon. I've never run more than 5 miles...so I don't know what I was thinking! Good luck...I'm sure you'll make progress. I'm great at exercising but lousy at the eating. sigh. Love sweets too much!

Kasey said...

come join me at the gym..i'm there 5 days a week!
i'm down 6 pounds!
xo