2.04.2010

Reflections~

Another trip to my mother's house. Another treasure. Or in this case, three. (Sorry l'il sis...you ought to come visit more often.)



My mom offered me these three pretty little mirrors. They are really quite small, but their frames are just lovely...an aged, burnished brass. Of course, I haven't been much into brass for the last several years, but when something works, it works. And according to Lauren at Pure Style Home - love her blog - brass is back. (If used correctly of course...none of that bright 80's stuff, y'all.)




The mirrors were much too small to display by themselves, but together on the wall above la toilette in the main bath, they look lovely. And they play off the warm tones in the wall and the large mirror above the vanity (photo to come.)




Yeah, the top one has a little chip in the mirror. But small imperfections add character. I should know, I'm full of little imperfections...and I'm quite a character. Ha! But seriously, I don't mind the little chip...it just means that the piece was someone else's treasure before it was mine.

I'm loving them. So pretty, slightly unexpected, just perfect.

Have a great day~

23 comments:

Lisa ~ A Cottage to Me said...

Very nice and lucky you got them before your sister!

The Starr Family said...

Beautiful with just the right amount of whimsy!!

Amy said...

Neat! I like how you displayed them!

Sheri said...

Very sweet

Red Door Home said...

Just discovered your wonderful blog through your mudroom wallpaper story. Can't wait to see more.

Carrie said...

Oh how lovely. I'm hoping to find such beautiful treasures as your mother owns in charity shops. Fingers crossed x

Carmen said...

I love the shape of those mirrors. So pretty!

jerriann said...

THose are great mirrors. I love them. Poor sister.

LuLu said...

oh my gosh i cracked up about the "sorry lit sis" part... i have 2 sisters and anytime one of us gets something from our mom's home it's hilarious how we act!!!
your home is looking amazing!!!
xo,
LuLu

A Lifestyle Thing said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog! The comps go likewise back at yours...{I just love it!}

58 Cherries said...

I love them. I'm looking for small vintage framed mirrors, myself.

I just posted on my blog a wall of old photos and a few other decorated items that I display on my hallway wall. Just in case you are interested in taking a look. I hope I find something similar to your mirrors to add to the wall. I need more light to bounce off the wall as the hall beneath is so dark.

Aimee said...

Those are great little mirrors!!

Nicole said...

I like those. What a nice gift.

MamaBug said...

They are way cool. :D

House 21 said...

Wooonderful blog !!!
hugs mina

the wild raspberry said...

the mirrors are great...
so are your walls.
did you do them yourself?

Kasey said...

i have one of those in my bathroom wall of mirrors.
xo

Lauren said...

i love how these look!!1 Such a pretty idea!
xoxo,
lauren

Kaye said...

They DO look lovely! Lucky getting those gifts! Great idea putting them above the "la toilette",LOL!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Your mirrors are GORGEOUS.

I am a follower and would love to have you come for a visit some time.

cheri

Janean said...

sis snoozes...sis loses! lol.

very sweet frames indeed.....

jadell said...

I have those exact mirrors hanging in my kitchen!! Too funny. I think they are adorable. When I redecorate my kitchen soon, they might have to make an apearance in my bathroom, too. Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

A rootdigger said...

Love, love the finish behind the mirror, can you share how you did it. Or is it wall paper? You seem to be I'll figure it out and do it myself kind of person, so I was guessing you did it. gorgeous.