2.13.2010

Last Minute Valentine's Project~

With everything going on this week, I just realized that TOMORROW is Valentine's Day and I have yet to post my one and only Valentine's project I did this year. (Like I said, a lot going on right now.)

A couple of weeks back, I saw this darling PB Kids Valentine's pocket on this fabulous blog.

Photo from Blonde Design Blog


I decided that would be my Valentine's project for this year. But when I sat down to sew them up I discovered that my sewing machine needle was broken...and get this...I didn't have a spare. Nope. Nada. Sigh. What's a crafty mom in a time crunch to do? Enter big blue. My glue gun, that is.



I just hot glued them together. They didn't have any of the decorative stitching I had planned on, but they turned out cute just the same. And they literally took me 10 minutes each...including all the prep work. So even though I'm posting them the day before Valentine's day, you can still finish them in time. Really.



What do I plan to do with these? Well, I plan on having the family write love notes to one another and we'll stuff them in the envelope, and then read them at dinner on Valentine's day.

My sister and her family are here from California, so I made an one for them as well.

I sense the start of a nice Valentine's day tradition.

Happy Valentine's Day~

19 comments:

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Well, I would expect you to be nothing less than the resourceful person that you are. Fabulous! I love the idea of love notes.

Six in One Hand said...

Your envelope came out fabulous.
Of course when all else fails....hot glue to the rescue!

Red Door Home said...

This turned out great. I think I like it better than the original.

Sylvia at Lily's Pad and Petals said...

Honestly like your version better than the original - such a cute idea.
Happy Valentine's Day and best of luck with your new tradition.

Katie said...

What a cute, cute project! I'm going to have to remember this one for next year!

Laurie at The Turner Farm said...

I like yours better. So cute and what a great idea.

stefanie said...

I think they will love that...have a wonderful weekend

Sarah said...

I love those! Thanks for posting it. I'm definitely keeping it mind for next year.

Blessings!
-Sarah

Andi's English Attic said...

Have a great Valentine's with your pockets of love. xx

Jennifer said...

adorable and what a sweet tradition!
Jennifer

Shannon said...

Those are adorable and sounds like the start of a wonderful tradition! Happy Valentine's Day!

Cha Cha said...

You always make me smile. I love that you didn't let the needle stop you. I also like that I am not the only one that this has happened to. I love this idea and think they would be great on the chairs all of Feb. Thank you for inspiring me again.

Cha Cha

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

Yours turned out so cute! I also saw the ones on Blonde Design Blog and thought about making them too but didn't get around to it. I love that you made yours different from the original! They both are adorable and I love the idea of a family tradition of giving love notes in them! Maybe next year....

LuLu said...

I just adore these... wish I had fabric tonight to make them for tomorrow... uggghhh all our snow has left me so unprepared for tomorrow.... i guess lots of hugs and kisses will have to do!
xo,
LuLu

MamaBug said...

Very cute! I love that the lack of a sewing needle (and today's events) didn't stop you from celebrating with those you love.

FrouFrouBritches said...

that is so stinkin' cute! Love it!

FrouFrouBritches said...

that is so stinkin' cute! Love it!

Tracy is ... Loving Pretty Things said...

so fun, what a perfect way for your fam to feel so loved by you!

have fun with your love notes...

Tiffany said...

LOVE this! What a great project! The idea of the family writing love notes to each other is just awesome. I am noting this for the future when both kids can talk and write! : )

How fun! Yours turned out absolutely adorable! I can't wait to make one of these next year...or sooner! We'll see...