1.14.2010

Penny Planets~


Or alternate "punny" titles...

The World According to Mr. Two

It's a Small, Small, Small World

The Weight of the World on her Scale

Okay, enough of my feeble attempts at humor, and down to business.
I have mentioned a few times before that my mother is a collector. And to use the word "collector", may just be putting it mildly. Basically, if there is anything I need, or really, if there is anything I want, chances are she has one....or several....of exactly what I am looking for.

Case in point, these darling vintage piggy banks. Or, as Mr. Two calls them, Penny Planets (he's a clever one, that Mr. Two).
While visiting my mother's home last week, she bequeathed upon us several of these darling Penny Planets. My children adore them. And they are very sweet.




But, alas, I do not have the room for all of these tiny worlds, and so I am starting a new venture, and that is, I am adding vintage goodies to my Etsy.


Every once in a while, when I inherit, or happen upon, a great vintage find, I'll list it in my Etsy. You'll find these Penny Planets there shortly!

Have a great day~

13 comments:

cousin Deb said...

They are so cute!

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

I have a couple of these! One blue penny globe and one yellow...love them! Janell

One Cheap B*tch said...

Those are so adorable!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I just saw a little globe in a thrift store today, but I decided to pass it up. Hmm...it was only $2.00...

Kirsten Sue said...

Oh I can't wait! You'll have to check out my son's nursery I'm posting soon. There are some fun globes involved.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

What cuties! Congrats on expanding your shop!
*hugs*deb

Anna See said...

Love the Penny Planets.

I am in a women's circle at church. Each month we take an offering, called the "Least Coin" offering (whatever change we have) and it goes into a little Penny Planet just like this.

Jen R. said...

These are such a cute thing! You little guy is a clever one!

Elyse said...

happy new year, wendy!

love the penny planets. what a fun little name for them, too.

xo
elyse

julie said...

very cute! i bet its fun going to your moms house!

Laura said...

adorable! it must be like a treasure hunt going to your mom's house!

Lynette said...

Cannot wait to see the "perfect architectural salvage piece". I think you could find a beautiful piece in New England. Hint, Hint, miss you.

feathermar said...

these are very sweet.