12.15.2009

Another Ornament Project~

Here is an ornament project that many of you may have seen before, but it is still one of my very favorites.




Silhouette ornaments! The great thing about these is that you can create a new bunch every year. What a fun way to watch your family grow!




If you want to read about how I made these, go here.
Don't forget the Holiday version of The Frugal Friday Linky Party here at the Shabby Nest....this Friday! Come link up with your frugal Holiday ideas!! I just can't wait!

10 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Those are so neat!

Meg @ Home Whimsies said...

This is the handmade ornament we are doing this year for all the grandparents! I had my kids paint the plaque and now i just have to cut out thier silhouette and
wa-lah! I think I may do these every year and eventually have enough for a silhouette tree only! Happy Holidays!

~Meg

mary said...

I put the directions on my idea file, can't wait to give it a try.

The Whispering Creek House said...

oo i like these! thank you for sharing!

Lettered Cottage said...

I love the contrast between the black and white....and I've always been a sucker for a silhouette!

Thanks Wendy!
Layla

Anny said...

I like this! Changing the silhouette yearly is such a clever idea :)

Tiffany said...

Those are adorable. Love them. Thanks for sharing!

58 Cherries said...

Great you are using your own family - such a great tradition. It's so funny silhouette ornaments are so big this year, I've been working on some for a long time in preperation for this season. Mine are more Austen inspired and French, different symbols on some and a mix of shapes, but still so shocking to see them popping up on so many blogs. Great minds think alike! LOL

Still slowly uploading mine to my store so much work and I'm still recuperating from surgery. Oh well. Happy Holidays to you and your lovely little family!!!!

58Cherries

Darlene said...

Those ornaments are adorable!!

julie said...

love it wendy! i am going to have to give it a try!