10.12.2009

Pumpkin idea~

Some of you may remember this little pumpkin from last year, but I thought it was an idea that bears repeating!


Yes, I love all things monogrammed...why should pumpkins be any different? And this one is so easy to make!




1. Get a pumpkin. I used a garden variety orange pumpkin for this project, but I think it would be stunning to use a white pumpkin and brown upholstery tacks.
2. Get yourself some upholstery tacks (easy to find and not very expensive at your local fabric store!)


3. Print out your monogram in a very large font on your computer.


4. At this point you could trace the monogram onto the pumpkin, but I think that is just making extra work. So I just placed the monogram over the pumpkin and started poking the upholstery tacks right through the paper into the pumpkin. When I was done I just pulled away the extra paper.



5. VOILA! Personalized squash...what could be better?


Linking to the Fall Crafts Party at Centsational Girl.

Have a great day!

27 comments:

pk said...

I love monograms and this idea is great! Thanks for sharing it.
pk @ Room Remix

julie said...

how funny! i saw laylas post and this exact pumpkin came to mind! i love the use of the tacks! i knew i saw it on a blog last year but couldnt remember which one! now i know!

housewifeish said...

Super cute!!! Love, love monograms. I need to post the fun pumpkin I did this past weekend..

Shannon said...

That is a good idea! I haven t seen many monogrammed pumpkins yet this year. Fabulous!

Room to Inspire said...

Oh, I likey! Who can resist a monogrammed pumpkin??

Chelsea

MamaBug said...

How cute!!

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

What a great idea! It looks fantastic! :)

Holly said...

OH YAY,...You did an H for Holly! ;);) I love it. Very cute!!

Marilyn said...

I've looked at decorated pumpkins for years and years and I think this one is the absolute best of the bunch. Great job and I need to get to a fabric store for some tacks!

Mrs. S. said...

Very cute!

Jodee Leader said...

I love it!

Sandy Toes said...

Okay..that is just too cute!
sandy toe

Tiffany said...

That looks terrific! I love it. Upholostery tacks - who knew??? Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

So cute and simple! Thanks for another great idea!

LuLu said...

It's my favorite! Seasonal and elegant all at the same time!
happy day,
xo,
LuLu

creative gal said...

I like!! Thanks for sharing!

Katy said...

Really really cute pumpkin!!!
Ooooo, notice below you have dilemma's in decorating....me too, come help please. I'll check yours out and leave a comment. Gotta help a girl out when in decor dilemma's.

Susie from Bienvenue said...

How cute...need to get busy and make one of those. Thanks for sharing~

newlyweds said...

Now this is something I could do, love this idea.

Next week I am hosting a pumpkin roundup and would love for you to come link up your pumpkin posts, like this! Hope you join in.
http://newlyweds.wordpress.com/2009/10/12/pumpkin-round-up/

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That is a lot easier than carving ole Jack up!

Kelli said...

Going to get the tacks now!! Fabulous!

Jenn said...

SO cute!

PamperingBeki said...

So cute, so easy!!

I was just looking at these tacks in the scrapbooking area yesterday. They're a tiny version and I thought they'd be cute on little pumpkins.

Tracy is ... Loving Pretty Things said...

SOO in love - will definitely do this this season! Fabulous idea.

xoxo

The Flying Bee said...

Wendy....I am so doing this! Thanks for sharing. Stop by my blog if you get a chance...I am having my very first giveaway!

Adrienne

the cul-de-sac said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Alana Karl said...

ahhhh, love that! i was wondering what would be the best to use to pin a pumpkin. major inspiration over here!!

stopping by from centsational girl's link up!