10.08.2009

Monogram much?~

A dear friend of mine needed some special gifts. She wanted something personal. She knew I made necklaces, and she came to me asking if I would be willing to make two personal, unique but classic necklaces. She basically gave me free reign to do what I wanted. WOW. I thought that my drawings might be a little more whimsical than the situation called for. So after a bit of deliberation, I asked her to give me the initials of each of the lovely ladies she was gifting.





This is what I came up with. Vintage ledger paper, slightly enlarged to make it a bit abstract, a faux freshwater pearl, and a MONOGRAM, of course. I think they turned out simply lovely. So lovely, in fact, that I've listed them in my Etsy store. (Great Christmas gift alert!)








And a little fall foliage for good measure!

My sister Holly is celebrating her 1 year blogiversary today! She is giving away some darling posy pins. Bop on over to her blog and enter to win!!! Happy bloggy birthday L'il sis!!


And speaking of giveaways...if you haven't entered the drawing for the lovely necklace from Pampering Beki, scroll down to yesterday's post and do it! You have until tonight at 11:59 pm EST.

Have a great Thursday~

11 comments:

Torie Jayne said...

I love your necklace, such a pretty and thoughtful gift! Have a sweet day!

Mrs. S. said...

I received my pillow in the mail and I love it!!! Thank you so much for your generosity and beautiful work! I love that necklace. Very neat!

Kasey said...

do you ever stop?!
lol
good thing for school right or where would we be;-)
xo

pk said...

You are one creative woman! Love it. Have a good day...
pk @ room remix

Sheri said...

Wow, that's really nice. You did a great job.

housewifeish said...

Love, love, loveeee monograms. Beautiful necklace.

Perfectly Pleasant said...

I love how the monogram is in a plain font -- so simple yet lovely!

PamperingBeki said...

That's adorable!

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

So pretty! And you really added some pizazz to it with the pearl drop. Love it! -Jackie

Runner Mom said...

Very cute, chickadee! You are a talented gal!! Love the picture of fall too! We're just now starting to see some color here in SC. Hopping over to your sister's blog!

Hugs!
Susan

Our really empty nest said...

HAHAHA, when I first read your title, I read it as mammagram much? Well of course after reading the first sentence, I knew I had read it wrong, lol. No mammagrams here, lol. The necklaces are really lovely! Sue