10.26.2009

Gift idea~

If you've read my blog for any length of time at all, you probably know by now that I am a bit infatuated with silhouettes. And of course, I have a little thing for pillows as well.


Please welcome the latest addition to the Shabby Nest line of pillows. The Silhouette Pillow - of course yours would feature a custom silhouette. I actually made this one for the Princess for Christmas. Shhhhh. (don't worry, she doesn't read my blog unless I drag her over to look at something I've posted.) I adore the tan on white and the ruffled edge.

I can make a customized pillow for you (or your little Princess...or anyone else on your Christmas list). I just need a profile photo of said individual. Offered now in my Etsy.

Edited to add: I've had some of my pet-loving readers ask if I can do pet silhouettes...Sure...if you can get a good profile pic of your pet, I can make a pillow!

Coming up this week on the Shabby Nest...

  • Ironstone
  • Window Shopping
  • Repurposing Dresser Drawers

Have a great Monday~

24 comments:

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

Oh, it is wonderful! I too love silhouettes but have never seen anyone do it with fabric before! And the combination of the white with the tan IS beautiful~ LOVE it! :)

Oh, and I finished the sweater-into-tote bag (from one of your earlier posts) and am just now adding some embellishments! :) When I post on it, I will link up to your blog post on how to do it, and let you know! :)

I hope you have a great night! :)

me said...

Can you do a silhouette of a dog???
Love your blog, BTW!

linda said...

I was wondering the same thing...can you do silhouettes of dogs?

Mrs. S. said...

What a neat idea! I love it!

Suzann @ The Olive Cottage said...

This is truly precious!!!

paige said...

so precious!
how i'd love to cover my bed with the wonderful pillows you've created!

ps-love the new profile pic too
xo

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage said...

That is GORGEOUS!

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

Hey all you dog lovers out there...I'm sure I could do a dog silhouette...

Shannon said...

Those are absolutely adorable!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the color combo and the fabric's texture that you used for the profile. yummy!

Kasey Hunt said...

Great idea. You're so crafty. Love reading your blog.

Kasey said...

you always have such fabulous ideas.
xo

LuLu said...

Oh OH OH!!!! lovE it!!! i can't wait for the older kiddos to come home to try for a profile photo!! 2 of my girls share a room how cute would that look on their beds! YIPPEE
xo,
LuLu

AnNicole @ OurSuburbanCottage said...

Love this! And that's so funny you mentioned pets. That's the first thing I thought of. Oh, we wacky pet owners.

Aubrey said...

I LOVE your blog! I'm a big fan of white! So you're pictures are big inspiration for my decor. Love your pillows, I remember my mom doing sillouettes of us growing up and framing them!

Marcee said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love your Etsy store:)

Miss Meg the Homemaker! said...

What a great gift idea!!!

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

What a wonderful idea, hope you get very busy with orders! Laughed at your comment about your daughter not reading your blog...unless...sounds familiar!
Janell

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

So Beautiful!! I especially love the ruffle. It is just so classic. I'm in love.

Sarah said...

great idea. I love the colors too!

Simple Sage said...

LOVE it!

Lori said...

I may need you to do one of these of my dog ~ they are so nice.

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

You've done it again! So elegant!!

Amy

{ L } said...

Too cute! Thank you for this idea.