9.10.2009

A little bit of patience~


The hubby had the day off of work yesterday, so I took advantage of the situation to go to an antique/junk shop that I've been trying to get to for weeks months years. I was not disappointed! This little shop was full to the brim with all kinds of wonderful things! I could have come home with a truckload of treasures. But, unfortunately, I am on a very tight budget (aren't we all) so I had to limit myself.



But then I saw it...a vintage Chatillon scale! I have been wanting one of these babies for.ev.er! And every time I have seen one, the price has been astronomical. Well, it didn't have a price marked. Not usually a good sign. So I grabbed it and made my way to the front of the store. I hesitantly asked the price...and...it...was...not bad. It was pretty good, even. $10. I didn't even try to negotiate. Even though it's face is crooked. I just paid and left. Quickly. Before the shop's owner noticed how excited I was, and changed her mind. I was right too! I came home and did a little search on-line...found an almost identical Chatillon vintage scale on ebay for $49.95. Yep! I'm so excited!


You see, I had a little bit of patience, which I never have, and it paid off in the end.


Now I'm off to find the perfect place for my treasure.
Linking to the I'm a Flea Marketeer party at Flea Market Style magazine.

Have a great Thursday~

29 comments:

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Great find, Wendy! That is a great price!!

Amy

Lorie said...

It is gorgeous! I have a friend that is a photographer and she has a scale like that that she uses for photos of newborns. Gets them all curled up on the top. Gorgeous!

Victoria@WhimsybyVictoria said...

I love this! I too want a scale like this...o.k. I will have patience and lots of looking...crossing my fingers that a $10 scale is out there for me too! lol. So fun!

Hugs to you,
~Victoria~

Amber B. said...

Great find! I always admire those but haven't found one yet.

The Little Red Shop said...

Sweet! I have a light blue baby scale (minus the tray) which I bought years ago for something around $10.00...I'd love to have it out now...but it's in a kitchen bin in storage...buried behind faux Christmas trees for my shop!

: )

Julie M.

Amber said...

Love your scale! I have been wanting one forever too, but haven't happened upon one yet. Here's hoping your good luck will rub off on me!

pk said...

It's SO hard to be patient isn't it? I'm so glad it paid off for you! I was laughing when you talked about getting out of there before she saw how excited you were and changed her mind. I've done that myself. :-)
pk @ room remix

Caro @ Thrifty n Curbside Treasures said...

COOOOL!!!
Love those scales!
I found one, this summer. It's actually a baby weighing scale. I paid, get this... 2 bucks!!! I thought it was marked wrong, LOL!!

Darlene said...

That scale is so neat! Great buy! What fun to be able to visit that antique store you have been wanting to go to.

Runner Mom said...

How darlin'!!! Great buy! I need to finish up some paint projects for customers and get paid so I too can go antiquing!! Fun!

Hugs,
susan

AndreaW123 said...

Wendy! Wow! What a great deal on a beautiful scale...{sigh}...patience does pay off!

{ L } said...

I love that FEELING of getting a treasure for a good deal. :)

Off topic, but on the dino party...did you get any additional ideas from the links I sent? Do you already have it all planned. It will be fun to see how the party goes...I hope you post about it, lol. :) As you can tell, I LOVE parties.

Barbie said...

I have been wanting one of these myself. I have seen some but not the 'perfect' one. $10 was a GREAT price!!

JobandBrittany said...

i love following your blog! you have great ideas.

i'm having a Goodwill party every week. stop by and join in!

Kasey said...

i love a good deal.
pretty scale.
how is the twitter coming along?

PamperingBeki said...

Ohhh, I'm jealous!

I've been on the hunt for a vintage scale.

Wendy said...

I love that scale! I hope to find one someday!

Glitter and Bliss said...

Love it!! Good for you!!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Wow. Your "new" scale is fabulous. Great find!

CHEAP FRILLS GAL said...

I have recently found your blog and just wanted to say hello. Hello! I love it - saved to my favorites now. Great find on the scale :)

The Flying Bee said...

What a great scale! I want one! You can't beat that price!

Have a great weekend!

Adrienne

a little bit biased said...

I love those too! I love the vintage look of it. What a great find and a good price. Yay for you!

Shannon said...

Great find! Love the white color!

Claudia said...

What do they always say? Patience is a virtue? Well, yours paid off! Fabulous scale!

AuroraSuzette said...

That is a nice scale, and a good price. Can't beat that!

Anne~fiona and twig said...

So it's got a crooked face, nobody's perfect. Love it! I think it adds oodles of character!
Anne

Uncanny Festoon said...

So can you really weigh something 500 pounds on that scale. How great does it feel to get something at a price you know is way off and it is you that is the one buying it!!! Gotta love that feeling!


Joy............always

Robyn said...

AWESOME find! I love that you got a bargain and a treasure all in one!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow great buy! I love the old scales. I am trying to work my way though the Flea Marketeers!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/