8.28.2009

Frugal Friday~

Some of you may remember the pixies I started making last Halloween. For those of you who are new to the Shabby Nest, let me introduce you to my little Halloween friends. These are rare Halloween Pixies...not easy to capture, but very friendly. They are one of my favorite Frugal OCD (Obsessively Consumed with Decorating) projects. They don't cost much - if anything- to make and they are very versatile!



These little pixies have seen many reincarnations since last Halloween. Christmas Pixies, New Year's Fairies...






Because of the overwhelming response, I even offered a tutorial on how to make this little lovelies here.


One of my very favorite things about these little pixies is having my sweet readers send me photos of the pixies they've made after being inspired with a little pixie love here at the Shabby Nest. A few weeks back one of my cute readers emailed me this photo of a pixie centerpiece she made for her in-law's 40th Anniversary. The pixies are their sons and granchildren. So sweet! Thanks Anne for sharing your creative twist on this project with us!!

This photo courtesy of Anne Ferguson

If you've made pixies of your own, or if you're feeling inspired to make some after seeing these, please be sure to email me and let me see your finished project!!

Have a creative weekend~

17 comments:

arkie said...

Those are so cute! You are so talented!

Room to Inspire said...

Your pixies are so cute! I love the adorable little faces!

Chelsea

Tales From the Land of Motherhood said...

I love these!! I must try them in my spare time.

fenandned said...

They're magical! I must give the halloween one a go, thank you x

Songbirdtiff said...

So precious and whimsical!

Shannon said...

I love your pixies! So cute. Your reader's version is such a great idea for a party.

Runner Mom said...

How cute!! I need to pull outthe boys' baby pictures and see what I can do!!
Hugs!
Susan

Kasey said...

totally cute.
where are you?? is it because i didn't invite you to the mimosa party?
xo

Carol said...

I love your Pixies! So clever!

paige said...

i love those little pixies!
they've been on my mental to do list for some time. thanks for reminding me!!!
have a fabulous weekend
xo

Rose Charles said...

those are very cute :-)

although I cant see them lasting 5mins in my house with the little fingers of Rianna around...

Have a great weekend :-)

Rose XXX

Holly said...

I do love those pixies!! I may have to let mine out to roam around the house. It is getting to be that season. :)

LuLu said...

I love these. I have to have a go at making some this fall. thanks for the motivation to make some.
and for showing me how to do it,
happy weekend to you,
LuLu

Amber said...

I remember these and I loved them. I wonder if they could be as cute with young adult children? Any ideas?
I just made glittered silhouettes of my daughters. In the end I removed the glass from the frame because it just muted the sparkle. I am thinking of making glittered silhouettes of a witch, Frankenstein, etc., for Halloween which would be fun.
I posted the silhouettes if you are interested.

Cheri Peoples said...

What an adorable idea-that would be a cute christmas ornament for grand parents this year-hmmmmm

Just coming over for a visit. I have changed all of my buttons.
I have the Knock Off Knock Out party on Mondays and we have a brand new party starting this week. It will be every Wed and featuring Holiday Decor and/or tasty treats. Come on by.

Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Suzann @ The Olive Cottage said...

Those are sooo cute!

Wes and Tracy said...

Oh, I really like this idea! I'm having a big family Halloween dinner next Friday & I think I'm going to try this with some old family photos. I think everyone will get a kick out of seeing themselves turned into pixies.

Blessings, Tracy