6.23.2009

Inspire-Me Tuesday~

Here's a fun and easy idea to give that little table that's hanging out in your basement a new lease on life.
Photo from BHG.com



This sweet little table below actually came from the family ranch where my father-in-law spent his childhood summers. The hubby and I inherited it from his grandma many years ago. I love it! It is a sturdy little thing that was probably made out of scrap wood at one point. I wanted to use it as a side table in our bedroom, but it was looking a little worse for the wear. I wanted to dress it up a little bit, so I just added some pretty tan linen to the top with nothing more than some upholstery tacks.




I cut the fabric a little larger than the table top.




Then all I did was fold the raw edges under and wrap the fabric around the table top.




I secured it on the sides with upholstery tacks. Making nice tight "hospital" folds at the corners.






That's it!




I didn't want to spend any money on this project so I just used upholstery tacks I had lying around, but I plan on dressing the look up even further in the future by purchasing the "rope" tacks to fill in the gaps - like the table in the inspiration picture. But for now I think it looks great!


Have a great day~

23 comments:

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Wow, I'm first! LOVE the table, that's a great idea for covering a table top that's been "LOVED" a little too much!

Carmen said...

Cute!!!! Great idea!!!

Glitter and Bliss said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a great idea!!!

southerninspiration said...

Wonderful!!!

Suzanne

Rose Charles said...

lovely table :-)

it's always so satisfying when things are made from what other people what throw away :-)

Rose XXX

delightfuldwelling said...

What a neat idea. I may have to try that with my dresser.

Kasey Hunt said...

Neat idea. Looks great.

Fat & Sassy said...

Great idea. I'm a table collector and this idea could come in pretty handy!

Kacey R. said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Sandy Toes' place. Great job on that table! Don't you love it when you can breathe new life into something you had sitting around the house? It's the best!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oooh, very nice!! :)

Suzy said...

I love it, I want to try it!

Holly said...

I have an award for you over at my blog :)

Rebekah said...

I like this idea a lot! Wonder which table in our house will be my next "victim"! :)

Embellish-Vintage Home Embellishments said...

What a great idea. I love that it adds texture to the room! I truly enjoy your blog!!

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, so pretty! :)

Holly said...

It is so funny how ideas float around. I was just at a friends house today admiring all of her gorgous, vintage, rustic coffee and side tables. They were in every room and they were all so remarkable in their own way! I'm inspired!

FOR THE SAKE OF TIME said...

Fantastic! I love furniture with history. It connects us to our past and provides our children a link to the future. Thank you for sharing.

Charla

Jen r. said...

Cute little table!

Nicole @ BugaBoos said...

I LOVE this! What an awesome idea and it looks Fabulous!

LuLu said...

I am all over this idea! Oh giddy I love it! yours turned out great! thanks for the fantastic inspiration,
LuLu

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Lovely simple update!!

HeathahLee said...

Hopping over from ASPTL...I love that idea! I have a couple tables I need to do that with.

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

Wanted to pop over from Kimba to see what you were up to. Great idea!
~Michelle