4.22.2009

Stuff~

Okay, so I'm lacking in the title creativity department but this post is a bit random. Stick with me here, my dear readers!

First, I wanted to thank you for all your warm comments yesterday on my 200th post! The drawing is still open, so if you haven't had a chance to enter, please go to yesterday's post and leave a comment.


Second, news on the demise of my dear Nikon D60's LCD screen. I took my poor baby camera to the camera store yesterday to be shipped away for repair. Unfortunately, the warranty doesn't cover it. Sigh. Ah well, just about 2 weeks and I'll be able to post new photos. Hope y'all can bear with me until then. It is driving me crazy not to be able to take photos. I hope I don't miss magnolia blossom season entirely...I've been waiting to get some photos of those lovely blossoms...and all of my projects are just waiting to be "revealed" on this here little ol' blog. Note to self: Camera bags on high ledges and toddlers DO NOT MIX!




Third, for those of you who are new to my blog, or who missed my button wreath tutorial, I shared it yesterday over at Blissfully Domestic. Hop over and learn to make one of these little sweeties!




Finally, don't forget that Friday is my Frugal Friday Linky Party!!! I know that all you creative geniuses out there in blogland have wonderful frugal decorating ideas to share! So come by on Friday and link up! Then we can all be inspired by budget-friendly decorating ideas! Can't wait to see you there!




Have a great Wednesday~

22 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

All of us bloggers are feeling your pain with the camera. But your words are enough for us...we'll wait patiently. :)

The Tattered Cottage said...

I feel your pain as I am struggling with my camera...poor little thing is on it's last leg. I hope to have a new one soon, I have been looking at the Nikon D60..hope to have one soon :)
Toni

Betty Jo said...

Love the button wreath. Thanks for the directions. Just ordered a bag of buttons from eBay. Looking forward to checking out Frugal Friday. ♥

Rose Charles said...

oh no! that is bad news about your camera...

at least it is fixable though :-)
my daughter would love to get her hands on mine...

I will def be back for Frugal Friday... this is my first week in the world of blogging so it will be interesting!

Rose X

Kasey said...

i'm so sorry about the camera. did you know you can rent them? I rent lenses all the time when i need a special one for a special project.
anywooo.
I don't think my "project" is going to be done in time for Friday.
but it might be.
happy earth day...
xo

Sandy Toes said...

Oh...my camera not working would put me in a desperate "mooooooodddd"....hang in there!
sandy toe

Astrid said...

Pretty wreath! I'm so sorry to hear about your camera. At least it can be fixed...hopefully that costs less than a brand new camera. What camera bag do you own? I'm looking for one....

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great tutorial!! I hadn't seen that one before...that's something I can do! :) Thank you so much for taking the time to show US!

duchess said...

Sorry to hear about your camera warranty. I just got mine back the other day & when I saw the UPS truck I almost cried. It's so good to have her back. Just be patient & she'll be as good as new when you see her again.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Wendy! We'll wait until the camera is fixed...you are not surprised that the guaranty doesn't cover it, are you? Cute wreath!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Hope your camera is back in no time. We do get attached to them, huh?

Cece

Meredith said...

Do you have a little point and shoot digi? that would do for a while...some of us still dream of our SLR!!! Love reading you - my first stop every morning.

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

Meredith, unfortunately, my point and shoot bit the dust a long time ago. sigh. Maybe my phone will do. Ha!

Tammy said...

Oooh, that button wreath looks awesome. I'm on my way to check out your tutorial.
I know you're having camera withdrawals - hang in there! :)

dennimd said...

O man I am so sorry about your camera! I have the same one and I am grateful for the advise about being careful of that strap! I have been keeping mine on top of the fridge!

Shannon said...

Oh! Your poor baby! I mean, your poor camera! :) Crossing my fingers it will be less than 2 weeks. :)

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, I'm sorry about your camera - Mine died completely - I'm using my phone for now...sigh. :) Hope you get it back soon!

Tracy is ... Loving Pretty Things said...

Wendy - LOVE LOVE your button wreath. You are the right brain I wish I had....everything you do, I WANT TO DO! And I'm so glad you've paved the way for me, so I can just copy you. You're FABULOUS.

So sorry about your camera - your eye behind the lens is so great, I know you probably feel naked with out it.

xo

Elyse said...

it will be nice to have your camera back. i TRY to keep mine on a high shelf with the strap tucked far behind.

great wreath!

xo

Holly said...

Regular paper,...why didn't I think of that?? You are soo wise.

You bet your super cute bottom that I will linky to your party.:):)

I am sorry that your camera repairs aren't covered. That's the pits. Doesn't that just seem to be the way it (always) goes?

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Ugh! I feel your pain, when I bought my new computer (64 bit) my brand new camera would not jive with it. Talk about a bummer! Now all is good in the world, Canon gave me a simple fix. But I can just imagine your pain!

Maybe you can scan some old pictures and meet me at my link party! LOL!

~Misti

An Accomplished Woman said...

Oh gosh, I can't imagine my camera dropping and falling. I feel your pain.

Your button wreath is so great. Love it.


Cynthia