3.11.2009

Touches of Spring~

Subtle hints of spring are making their way into my house...

This little rooster is a door knocker that the hubby and I found years ago. I keep thinking that I'm going to put it up on one of our doors...but I haven't yet. I stuck it in this tarnished silver sugar dish just to hold it for a while, but I liked it so much it's still there!


Remember the pretty mercury glass bird that Shannon sent me? He has a new home inside my little cloche.



Sorry this photo is so blurry...but I wanted to share with you all the pretty faux eggs I found at JoAnn's...on sale of course! I love the muted tones of green, beige and tan... not too "in your face" but very spring-y!



I just love this pretty little painting of a bird and nest with eggs. It looks oh-so-spring-chic in my little French toile frame!



My apothecary jars are all set for spring!



I was packing up this special order for a customer and thought it looked so cute in a pile on my bed...I had to snap a photo! And finally, a shout out for my very good blog buddy, the Pretty Organizer! She's hosting a Toile Linky party on March 24th (I'm co-hosting - which basically means she does all the hard work, and I talk about doing the hard work.) Hope you'll all join us at her wonderful blog on Toile Tuesday and link up with your posts about Toile...I know you all love it as much as I do...so I hope to see you there!


Have a lovely Wednesday~

21 comments:

Darlene said...

Morning Wendy,

I LOVE all your touches of Spring! Everything looks so beautiful. Those pillows are great!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

The mercury bird in the cloche is my favorite - absolutely love it!

southerninspiration said...

Love the eggs....I found gorgeous ones at TJ Maxx......a bag of blues and green, beiges AND a bag of pinks and beiges and browns....LoVE them...now I need to find the perfect apothecary jar.

Suzanne
Thanks for sharing

Kasey said...

you know i love those pillows!!

Shannon said...

I love all of your touches of spring. Especially all your apothocary jars and cloches. Very pretty.

melissa said...

I love the eggs~what a great find! Have a good day~

Elyse said...

hi wendy,

always nice to start bringing in the spring!

xo

LuLu said...

Oh goodness I saw the No. 3... that is my favorite number! so cute. I am head over heels for your rooster door knocker! oh what a find, Love Love it.
LuLu

Barb said...

cute,cute,cute....Barb

Pretty Organizer said...

You're all set! I bought 3 grandma looking resin birds that I need to spray paint to look decent. Beautiful eggs!

Sooo glad to Co-host the Toile Soiree with you Dahhhhling.

Hope things are warming up for you!
Pretty Organizer

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I have a door stop rooster very much like your. Love it. All your eggs and the cloche and your photos of everything are terrific. I have alot of toile in my house so if I can get my act together I'll see you on the 24th for the Toile fest.

Ms. Tee said...

What sweet little touches of spring. And your numbered pillows are just adorable. :)

Tracy is ... Loving Pretty Things said...

I love your style...and have been inspired to decorate my house for spring! I love the New Life & New Beginnings Spring brings! :)

Shelia said...

Hi Wendy! Oh, I'm loving looking at the spring popping up all over your home! You have some sweet things!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia:)

Rambling Girl said...

Love your spring decor you have out so far...

As far as toile...I would love to get at least one piece but in this tiny town no hope of that...actually looked for some material when I went to Hobby Lobby back a month or so ago and they were out...I was sad about that but sooner or later I will get to the big city and try to get some again.

Alex and Jill said...

You can make a tarnished silver sugar dish look awesome.

I adore you.

The Graves' House said...

i love the pillows! this is my favorite time of year, love to see all the 'fresh' colors of white!

Allison said...

I love all of the touches of spring. They look great. Such great texture.

Our Complete Family said...

You're all set for spring Wendy!
I love the colors you used. So lovely!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Love your Springy touches! Can't wait for the toile party, I'm in!
~Misti

Lissa said...

I love the rooster in the dish! Maybe she's found her home! I can never get enough of apothecary jars. I love how you use them for the seasons!