2.03.2009

Inspire-Me Tuesday~

In preparation for tomorrow's Taming Kid Clutter Linky Party, today's Inspire-Me Tuesday post features three more kid's rooms that have some great ideas!

I love this first room because it is for three kiddos. Some of you already know that my three boys share a room. Yep, three. boys. one. room. I have come up with a great layout and a workable plan for now, but that is because Little Mr. Three is still in a crib. I have been thinking about what I will do when he moves into a big boy bed. I actually like this room with the three matching beds. And the bookshelves with the baskets for plenty of storage. I like the idea of the little table and chairs...although for my boys, a lego table might be better suited. ;-)



This room is fabulous! Obviously aimed at a teenage boy...I love the built in storage around the desk. (And I'm partial to stripes on walls too.) PERFECTION!
All images from BHG

And finally, I've had this last picture in my inspiration file for ages. This is probably what I'll end up doing for my boys' room when they are all a little older. Aren't these bunk beds to die for? I mean really! And the idea of a built-in desk (complete with lighting) on each is such a space-conscious and totally stylish move! Oh yeah, the Hubby has known that he is going to have to build me some of these monster bunkbeds one of these days.
Now that I look at this room again, maybe it will be sooner rather than later. ;-)
I hope to see you all here tomorrow for the linky party! I know you all have great ideas...so make sure and link up! And even if you don't have kids, there will be plenty of good ideas for hiding clutter of all sorts...I'm sure! Can't wait to see you all there!
Now, go forth, inspire, and be inspired~

22 comments:

Leigh said...

great ideas!

Pretty Organizer said...

Okay!.... Mr. Hubby took my camera today so I couldn't get the right daytime shots.. Errg.. BUT, the post will be ready for Wed! So excited! I told everyone I was bringing desserts... I am bringing dessert right? I just assigned out drinks and told everyone to bring some dark chocolate. Hope you don't mind. I know you'll be parked at the screen with your Diet Coke... just have a few good hunks of chocolate for me girl! (I'm a Dr. Pep fan but I have had my D.C. days a plenty:)

Alrighty! Off to bed. LOVE the multiple kid beds. We have a bunk with a trundle for our 3 boys now. 3. stinky. boys. Clothing issues are our main problems.

Gotta run lady!
Pretty Organizer

Tanielle said...

I love your blog, what fun. I have three girls that share a room, but like you one is still in a crib. I really like the look of the matching beds. Too cute!

duchess said...

What great rooms. I'm in love with that middle one & wish that my son would let me do something like that in his room.
Beautiful.

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Amazing and inspiring pictures. I LOVE those bunkbeds too, the desks are genius. A suggestion for you, we bought one of those wooden train table (like they make for the small wooden train sets) at a garage sale, and it's perfect for legoes.

Mandi said...

I too have 3 BOYS in one room. They love being in the same room. I love that last idea! Thanks so much.

Laura said...

I love those bunk beds! My 4-year-old is already asking for bunk beds - he loves the "fort" aspect of it! And I love the built in desks & especially those light fixtures! I'm dreaming of a room like that when my little ones are older!

Misti said...

Love, love, love the beds with built in desks! I will surely use that idea one day. Thanks for the great pictures, can't wait until the party.
~Misti

southerninspiration said...

Oh, thanks for the inspiration pics!! I am going to forward this post to my friend who has quintuplets, three girls and two boys. Your pics would be perfect for them later on as they grow!!!

Suzanne

Darlene said...

Those are some great inspirational rooms!

Debbie said...

We have three sets of bunkbeds in our boys room (5 boys in there now, since the two big ones moved out....Wonder Why!?)
You can put lots of children in a bedroom if you don't put toys in there with them. I'd rather have all my same-sex kids in one room, and free up another room for a playroom. Just beds, desks, and clothes...and boys :)

I also have a desk or bookcase at the end of each set. If their room wasn't full of garage sale items right now, I'd take a picture. Maybe by tomorrow it will be gone.

I love your conquering clutter post idea. I'm hoping to participate :)

Debbie -at Cheaper By the Bakers Dozen

Gray Matters said...

That bunk bed room is great - I love when function and style come together like that!

Shannon said...

Love all of those and you are right, those bunk beds are great! I love how much room the bottom bunk has.

Cristin said...

Oh my, look what I missed over the weekend! Wendy, your ETSY shop looks SO great! {I love it all!} Congrats & best wishes to you!

Kasey said...

i;m so there.
xxoo

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Great! Can't wait to see everyone's ideas!
http://www.lazymoms.com

Glitter and Bliss said...

OK... Those bunk beds are amazing..and workstations to boot. Wow!!! I would love my my little guys to have that set-up.

Ms. Tee said...

Hey Wendy! I'm trying to catch up on posts - those bunkbeds are amazing! Wow - love them! Well, all of the photos, really, but especially those white bunkbeds! :)

LuLu said...

You inspired me! love all the rooms. 2 of my girls share and they love it... they really want bunk beds but I can't figure out how to make them everyday...
LuLu

Amber said...

I love those bunkbeds with built-in desks! Can't wait to see everyone's ideas tomorrow.

Tamara Jansen said...

Taming kid clutter.....now there's a difficult task! One thing I may do in the future is pare down the collection of t-shirts my boys have. That is my biggest clutter trap :)

Heather said...

Cute blog! I popped over from Birdie Little Secrets, and as I was scrolling down, checking you out, I discovered... I painted those actual hockey chairs in that boys room for that photo shoot a few years ago! I work for an interior design company, Design Line, out of San Diego, painting for model homes. FUNNY to see where your stuff ends up! :)