Okay, I know, my oldest is 8, I have yet to see the real disagreements begin when it comes to decorating. But still, he has his own ideas of what he wants. Now, the trick is the fact that he shares a room with my two other boys. I didn't want it to be too specifically tailored to one boy over another. But Mr. One is a HUGE (and we're talking HUGE) Star Wars fan. He would have loved it if I'd used this bedding in his room, but I couldn't bring myself to do an entire room of Star Wars...even if it DID come from PB Kids. So we compromised. I took a couple of Star Wars movie poster from his old calendar and framed them up. Then I had these vinyl letters custom made. I figured that "May the Force be with You" was a somewhat inspiring phrase. At least the most inspiring I could think of...aside from "Size Matters Not" in the framed poster.
It turned out to be pretty cute, actually. And it apeased him. At least for now...
Now on to some fun awards.
First I want to thank Meg for the Kreativ Blogger Award. So to play along with this award, I'm supposed to list 6 things that inspire my creativity. It was kind of hard for me to narrow it down, but here it goes:
- My family. My children are a constant source of inspiration. And my talented photographer Hubby does his fair share of inspiring too!
- Design books. I can't get enough of them. I have a bookshelf full and my collection is still growing.
- Along those same lines...magazines, shelter mags, design mags, specialty mags like those from Stampington and Co.
- This beautiful earth...especially the mountains and the ocean. I grew up living at the base of the Wasatch mountains, and now I live only about an hour from the ocean. God's creations are amazing. How can anyone not be inspired when they see them?
- The Arts...but especially Dance. I danced for nearly 25 years, and then I worked in Marketing and PR for a professional ballet company until my oldest was born. There is something incredibly magical about Dance.
- Blogging. Since I started blogging, I have been thoroughly amazed at the amount of talent that people are so willing to share. I am constantly inspired by the blogging community that I am a part of, and my head spins with ideas from all the wonderful things you all share. Not only that, but this little corner of the blogosphere is so uplifting and supportive, it is lovely to read all of your INSPIRING comments on a daily basis. Please keep them coming!
And this fun award comes from Kasey at All that is Good. For this award, I'm supposed to list 5 things that I'm addicted to, and then pass it on to 5 blogs that I'm addicted to. So here goes nothing...
- Just like my last award, #1 goes to my family. I just love them so much! My kiddos are just so wonderful...even though they can drive me crazy sometimes ;-)
- Diet Coke. Especially with ice. Hey...it's zero points on Weight Watchers...know what I mean?
- Shelter magazines and books.
- Creating! I love to write, draw, sew, craft, etc. etc.
- Blogging....of course we knew this one, didn't we?
And although it was very difficult for me to narrow it down, (and I really mean that), I'm going to pass this award along to:
- Holly at Holly's Haven. Yeah, I know, she's my little sister. But she is also one of the most talented people I know. If you haven't visited her before, head on over to her blog, tell her I sent you!
- Kari & Kijsa. Such a wonderful blog. And they love diet coke!
- Reese & Marie. She's got such great taste - I just love her style.
- Ms. Tee at Delightful Home. Her blog always makes me happy.
- Stacy at 19 Butternut. She and I like so many of the same things. Love to read her blog!
Have a wonderful weekend~