1.06.2009

Inspire-Me Tuesday~

Today's Inpsire-Me Tuesday is a little different. Today I wanted to highlight a few of my lovely readers who took my pixie tutorial and ran with it! Their darling creations really inspired me and I wanted to share them with you.

Photo by Jen at Lipstick and Laundry


First up Jen and Lipstick and Laundry. Jen made a bouquet of pixies (made from photos of herself, mother, sister, aunt and nieces) to give as a gift to her grandmother. How cute is that?

Photo by Megan at Little Bella Bean

This cute idea came from Megan at Little Bella Bean. She took some favorite family photos and then used them on this little tinsel tree! I love the fact that she really glittered up the wings on these babies! Love them!





Photos by Holly at Holly's Haven

And last, but certainly not least, my little sis Holly at Holly's Haven. Love how she changed her pixies from Halloween pixies to Christmas angels. (They've even got little halos made of tinsel...so fun!)


I'm so glad that these lovely ladies shared their creations...they've given me even more inspiration for many pixies to come. If anyone else has made some of these cuties, let me know. I'd love to see them!

So now, my dear readers, go forth, inspire, and be inspired!

16 comments:

Pretty Organizer said...

Look at you... inspiring all those pixie creators out there! Lady you've got the market on pixes and I LOVE that they use old photographs.

My guest bathroom is decorated with generations of family photos all in black and white. We call it The family History Bathroom. Any time family members find a great photo from yesteryear, they give me a copy for the bathroom. Perhaps I need some pixies there to collect dust as well! I'll have to do a post when I'm done! Thanks lady! Love your blog... Oh, totally need to pick your brain on this wordpress thing. I'll contact via email. I'm contributing to BD this year too and need a little techy advice on Wordpress! Yikes!

Sandy Toes said...

Oh my goodness..bless their heart..those are so cute! I love the last picture...simply adorable!
-sandy toe

Darlene said...

Everyone has done a FABULOUS job on their pixies! I think I am going to have to make some...but first, I have to find some photos. Do you use old photographs or get images off the computer...help please??? I wonder if at our antique store they might have some old pictures...just have to look.

Betsy said...

I need inspiration for Valentine's pixies...any suggestions.

Wendy said...

Hi Darlene: I have actually used both photos of my kiddos that I made into black and whites, and I have also used vintage photos that I found online (copyright free of course!).

And Betsy: I've actually been thinking about my valentines pixies and I'm not sure. But I think that making a Cupid-type pixie would be super cute!

Lipstick and Laundry ~Jen said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful turtorial, it was simple to follow and the Pixie Party was a HUGE hit with my grandma!

Glitter and Bliss said...

OK... how cute are these!! Your projects are the best!!! I need to make a couple of these pixies of my boys.

The Pumpkin Pink Cottage said...

awh they are all so adorable..hugs, lisa

Shannon said...

Those are all so cute!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm absolutely convinced I am going to start on my valentine pixies now! The idea is definately catching! Thanks!!
Janie

Kasey said...

I love your blog, I think it might be my fave of all the ones I stalk, I mean visit. I love these pixies, I might make some for my living room and bathroom.

I'm doing a tour of all the rooms in my house. One every Tuesday until there are no more. Lot's of cute (and cheap) ideas for a little boys room today. Hope you can come check it out!

Marci @ All Things Wonderful said...

Love this idea! Very Cute. There are so many creative ladies in bloggy world!

Tia said...

Just wanted you to know you have a new follower! Love the blog!

jennifer said...

oh how i love those little pixies!

i HAVE to try them!

Holly said...

It is so fun to see everybody's different take on the same idea. Thank you for inspiring all of us!

Ms. Tee said...

Everything's so cute - I love that pixie bouquet! I'm definitely going to have to do that! :)