12.05.2008

Just for Fun~

Kendra made this fun button for me to share with all of my lovely readers out there in blogland! Isn't it cute? If you'd like one...it's up for grabs on my sidebar. Just in case you'd like one.


Because I can't post without a photo here's a cute little card by Mary Engelbreit that I framed up...it sits on my kitchen window sill...it's so festive it always makes me smile.


And now on to my weekend plans...

Our extended family has a tradition of all going together to cut down our Christmas trees. We drive to my in-laws house about 45 minutes away, where we meet up with the Hubby's brother and his family as well. And then we all caravan to a Christmas tree farm about another 45 minutes away. The Hubby and his family have been going to the same farm since he was a kid, so that's just what we do. It's a lot of fun...and that is the way we are spending this Saturday. So by Sunday we should have our tree up and decorated. You know what that means don't you? Join me on Monday for a lot more Christmas decorating fun! (I sound like a TV show or something).

Until then...have a lovely weekend~

20 comments:

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Very cute button! I love ME.

Christy said...

Have fun this weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing your tree!

Sandy Toes said...

Have fun getting your tree..what great memories!
-sandy toes

Bridget said...

I used to work for Mary Engelbreit! That brings back memories...her cards are perfect for framing!

Janelle said...

That ME card is really cute. And thanks for the button!

Shannon said...

Cute button, I'll be sure to get one!

I can't wait to see your tree!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Yay! I will think of you...we are getting our tree this weekend too! I feel like we are the last ones in the world that don't have one yet! :)
Carrie

duchess said...

Have fun tree hunting (I have visions of Clark Griswald in my head.)
We'd love to see pictures of your adventure.

Valarie Lea said...

Love the new layout and I love the button!!

Ms. Tee said...

That little button's too cute. And I love Mary E., too. I have a little framed piece of her wrapping paper from years ago that I love. Have fun finding your tree! :)

Kim said...

Love the new look. Sounds like a fun weekend. We did it last weekend, my kids even the older ones look so forward to it. Great memories.

Ms. Tee said...

P.S. thanks for your sweet comments on the new header! If scenes like that do exist, I want to go !:)

Glitter and Bliss said...

Sounds like a very festive weekend. I can't wait to see your tree!! Have a wonderful time.

Glitter and Bliss said...

Sounds like a very festive weekend. I can't wait to see your tree!! Have a wonderful time.

Hi, I'm Amy! said...

I love love love love love Mary Engelbreit :)

Darlene said...

I LOVE your button! That sounds like a wonderful tradition to get your tree....have fun and you know I can't wait to see it on Monday!!!

Lainey-Paney said...

oh, that sounds like so much fun.
One year we drove out to the country & cut down our own Christmas tree.

Of course, Hubby had to have the biggest mama-jamma out there. It was so huge, we had to move out some of the living room furniture just to get it to fit in the living room.

It was AWESOME!

Angie said...

That's a great tradition and sounds like so much fun! Look forward to seeing all your Christmas decor!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Wendy, your new blog design is so pretty! And I love that little wreath you made inspired by BHG. I saw that too & yours looks identical to theirs. Great job!

Susan S. said...

Sounds like a wonderful, traditional family! The ME card/frame is precious...I LOVE Mary E.