12.09.2008

Christmas Decorating for the Kiddos and Inspire-Me Tuesday

I love to add at least a little Christmas decor to pretty much every room in the house. And since Christmas is such a magical time for the kiddos, giving them a little bit of their very own Christmas fun is important. This year I decided to put wreaths up in the kiddo's rooms...and boy! were they ever excited.

The boys' room sports this wreath with a burlap-y red bow. Then since I am planning on finally making matching stockings for the whole clan, I put these cute stockings (that I purchased when we just had One and the Princess) up on their beds. The stars really go with the feeling of their room.





In the Princess' room, I stuck to her existing color scheme by using pink accents on the wreath rather than traditional red. (And if I hadn't been trying to decorate on a budget, I probably would have found a wreath that was a little more yellow-green, but I was aiming to use what I had.) I added another cute little bird made out of fabrics already used in her room. (I plan on making some sort of Pottery-Barn-Kids-esque mobile with this birdie and some birdie buddies after the holidays.) Then I added a pink bow. And because my daughter is the Princess, she wanted a little bling, so I added a few pink beads and berries to complete the look. So fun!









And for the Inspire-me Tuesday part of my post...you have simply got to pop over and see these darling (and excessively creative) tassels that Holly from Holly's Haven has created from baby shoes her youngest has outgrown. (Okay, so she's my kid sister, but she is truly one of the most creative people I know!) And the idea of hanging them on the Christmas tree...pure genius!


Go forth. Inspire and be inspired~

20 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

What lovely touches throughout your home! Love them all - especially your daughter's wreath with the pink bird and beads. :)
I've got to go see those tassels now - that is sheer genius!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Love that bird! It all looks sooo festive! Cherry

Lady of the Mote said...

just lovely I love your daughter's wreath.

Sandy Toes said...

I love the wreaths in the rooms..that sweet little girl one is precious!

What a creative way to use the shoes they don't wear..so cute!!!
-sandy toes

Bobbi Jo said...

I really like your idea of a wreath in the kiddos rooms. I usually just do a tree but the wreath is great and right now Micheal's has them on sale for $1.99. I'm going to have to go get some more. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

duchess said...

How sweet are those shoes?
The kids rooms are cute too.

Shannon said...

I bet your kids feel so special to have their own Cmas decorations. One of my favorite things when I was little was that we each had our own little tree. It was so fun!

Carrie said...

Love the pink wreath!

Darlene said...

I LOVE the decorations in your childrens' rooms!! CUTE!!

Holly said...

I am soo flattered that I insired YOU!! :) Thank You!

Love all of the cute decorating for the half pints. The princesses wreath has got to be my favorite this time. It is just so fresh and adorable.

Our Complete Family said...

The kiddo's rooms look fab and festive!
Cute tassle, too.
Very crafty, you're right!
Merry December~ Les

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love all your little touches. The wreaths look great in the kids' rooms!
Carrie

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a great mom!!! I used to put little miniature Christmas trees in my kids's rooms...and you're so right...what a thrill to have a little Christmas in their very own rooms.
Also...I love your tree below! So, so precious. I noticed the amazing color on the walls behind it. WOW...what a statement!

Marci said...

Really Great Wreath! So Cute!

Caroline B. said...

Oh my! I love the shoe idea! I wish I'd have been thinking to do something like that when my daughters were small! Wonderful ideas!

AndreaW123 said...

I love how you personalized your children's wreath...I knew I loved your blog.....we have similar tastes...I just purchased a big old bundle of some red burlp-y ribbon with green around the trim.......so pretty...........

Blondie's Journal said...

I love how you decorated the kids rooms. I am trying to spread my holiday decorations through all of my house instead of just the living room and family room. What inspiration!!
Janet

Leigh said...

The shoes......I love that idea!

Meredith said...

Do you have a link for the pattern you used for the bird? It is so sweet!

Kim said...

Your Christmas decoration is simple but attractive, I like it.