11.24.2008

Waiting impatiently~


See these sad empty apothecary jars and my lonely mini-cloche? They are waiting. Waiting ever so patiently for Friday and some Christmas goodness! We have a tradition in our home that the day after Thanksgiving we pull out all of our Christmas decorations and deck the halls! This year it has taken every ounce of my willpower to wait until Friday as I have watched beautiful Christmas finery popping up on blogs everywhere. But, believe me, I have been planning and primping and come Friday, there will be Christmas galore at my house...hope these little jars can make it until then.
And since we all have the holidays on the brain, I wanted to share with you a wonderful little service being offered by a special lady. In order to pay off some big bills incurred from an adoption (an extremely worthy cause!) she took a job as Santa's Secretary. Go visit her website at North Pole Secretary and you can order personalized letters from Santa for that good little girl or boy! I was lucky enough to win some of these letters during a special giveaway, and when I went to her site, I was really happy with what she and Santa were offering. You can choose from a variety of letters but each one is personalized for it's recipient, and each one focuses not only on the fun aspects of Christmas, but also on the true meaning behind the holiday and on the Babe whose birth and life we truly celebrate on this special holiday. A great idea for creating a memorable holiday... (I'm so excited for ours to arrive in the mail!)
Have a happy Monday~

17 comments:

Patricia said...

I know what you mean, I am going CRAZY waiting for the tradition of Thanksgiving Evening decorating
I have all the goodies to fill my jars in a big laundry basket
I have tiny ornaments, trees, words, ribbons and so much more
I just want to create BUT tradition trumps my impatience
I look forward to all the blog picture posts this weekend
Happy Thanksgiving

Darlene said...

We brought in our boxes this weekend. Couldn't wait any longer. We have our Thanksgiving dinner at my home with my parents and they certainly don't mind if I am already decorated for Christmas.

Your little apothecary jars are looking lonely....I can't wait to see what you fill them with!

Kasey Hunt said...

Hang in there. I put up my Christmas houses on the downstairs mantel. I think I'll wait for the rest. It is so tempting.

Kelly said...

It's nice to know that some people will wait until AFTER Thanksgiving to officially begin celebrating Christmas. Poor poor Thanksgiving. It's so left out! Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate what you're thankful for and Christmas seems to be all about what you don't have and wish you had. I say enjoy Thanksgiving and rest up before all the stress that goes along with Christmas!!

duchess said...

I know the feeling. My fall decor is looking so tired but I refuse to decorate until after Thanksgiving (except my blog layout - I won't have time later). We won't be back in town until Sat. or Sun. but then....it's Christmas time & out come all the decorations.

Christy said...

I am trying to hold off until Friday as well. It is SO hard! I can't wait to see all that you do!!

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see what goes in those jars!

That website sounds so fun! I'm headed over there now.

lipstickandlaundry said...

I too wait until the day after Thanksgiving to decorate, we always host Thanksgiving and I do love my FALL decor, I don't mind waiting, but sometimes it's tough and after everyone leaves, and the dishes are washing, I bust out the tree and set it up... Then the kids and I decorate it on Friday alomg with the rest of the house. This works well, because I can fluff the tree make sure the lights are just right... Then the FUN begins!
~Jen

Valarie Lea said...

Yeah did you know that pumpkins and Christmas stuff just don't go together. My house looks like two holidays ran into each other right now.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I loved reading your post because I've been chomping at the bit myself. What I've done to quiet down my impatience, is put everything out on our portable banquet table. At least I had the satisfaction of getting it out and as I pass by all the fun things, I am plotting........: )
As far as the crown goes, here's a link for you: http://dezignus.com/royalty-crowns-brushes/ You will love these, there are 12 to choose from. However, I ended up choosing a crown I randomly right-clicked on one day and have no link to. It's just in my files. Please feel free to print mine out and use (or enlarge or shrink). Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Carrie said...

I am trying to wait until Friday but I don't think it is going to happen! I can't wait to see what you do!

Holly said...

I know that it is hard to wait, but I am glad that you are in the same boat as me feeling like Thanksgiving is just too special to get skipped over! (We need to get some Christmas pixies in those jars, huh? :) )

Thank You for the fun info on Santa's Secretary.

Reynie said...

doesn't it just kill you to wait to get out the Christmas stuff! I got my boxes out last night but haven't started actual decorating. Can't wait to see what goes in the jars.

Pretty Organizer said...

Okay, I took the plunge... I'm a follower now. You're just too darn irresistible! Love the great pictures... I forget my camera all the time. I need it attached to my hip or wallet:) Great blog lady!

Pretty Organizer

Saucy said...

I lurrve filling my apothecary jars too. I use faux snow (from the Dollar Store) and all sorts of goodies. I've started already, but in Canada, Thanksgiving is long since over so I've been decorating for a week or so now.

Go to Pier One, they have the tiniest little foil parcels that you can pour into a jar! They are so festive as fillers.

Sallie said...

We started early. My hubby's job is so demanding and he will be working early on the day after Thanksgiving and the entire weekend. We decided we would start a week early. It has been so much fun! Can't wait to see yours.

Our Complete Family said...

I bet you have great things planned for those cute jars!
We had to start early with my hubbies trips here and there. This year has been crazy!
Happy Thanksgiving week to you!
~ Les