11.09.2008

Little Miss Muffet~

Some of you may have guessed from my teaser post last week that the projects I was planning were for the Princess' bedroom. (Hmmm...it might have been the pink in the fabrics that gave it away!) Well, I finished one of my planned projects over the weekend and I thought it would be fun to share it with you today.

It's a tuffet! As in Little Miss Muffet! I love whimsy in decorating...and especially in decorating for the kiddos. And I think this little tuffet fits the bill.


It started life as a box. This was a prop from my dancing days that I still had kicking around.


Well, I sewed a cover for it out of some yummy chenille and two of the fabrics I showed you all the other day....The green check and the green and pink toile. Then I used my staple gun to upholster it onto the box. I added a pillow top made out of the cute check fabric and a big toile button and VOILA! A tuffet is born! The Princess loves it, and it looks really cute under her desk!











Oh and last but not least! Please join me over at Blissfully Domestic where I'm talking about turning a closet into a mini-mudroom! Good times, people, good times!



Have a lovely Monday~

17 comments:

ThriftyDecorChick said...

OH, that is adorable!! I love it.

coco said...

too cute...love the different fabrics together!

Valarie said...

That is so very cute! Oh and I saw the mini mud room, very creative!

Sher's Creative Expressions said...

Great job on the tuffet!!

Blessings,

Sher

Trisha said...

I love it! What a cute way to "dress up" a little girls room. I also love it when we use someting old to make something new.

Cathleen Farrell said...

Awesome tuffet, love the use of the chenille! great job.
Cathleen :-)

Betsy said...

Love how you used all the different fabrics. Looks great.

Shannon said...

That is so cute! I love the fabrics.

Darlene said...

You are absolutely AMAZING...that is darling!!! Great job!!

Becki said...

What a lovely tuffet! Lucky girl that you have! :o)

Katie said...

It's too funny that this is what you posted about today, because over the weekend, I was picking out fabrics for Amelia's new room. And I found so many fabrics, and in an effort to use every single last on of them (!!), I decided to make her a little "tuffet!" Your's turned out so cute!

Tom said...

Wendy, I just love how this turned out. It is so so cute. I bet the little princess looks adorable perched on there as well. :)
Carrie

Ms. Tee said...

So, so cute! But wait - dancing days?! You must tell about that! :)

Amber said...

Hey lady... Know your busy. Just wanted to tell you... YOU WON! You've got Santa Letters for all your kiddos. Can you shoot me an email at NorthPoleSecretary@gmail.com and I'll give the rest of the details? I'll be doing another post tonight and didn't want you to miss the news! Congratulations! If you want to check out some of the letters to choose from head over to www.NorthPoleSecretary.com

Talk soon!

Pretty Organizer said...

Ahh.. such a dork. I logged into the wrong account. I'm not Amber, my sis and I share an account. You still won the Santa Letter Giveaway, and can still contact me at the same info above... just forgot who I was again:) Hope to hear from you soon!

Our Complete Family said...

You did an awesome job on that! I love the fabrics!
~ Les

Barnes Yard said...

This Mommy needs a tuffet!