10.03.2008

Happy Birthday to the Hubby

It was the Hubby's birthday yesterday. So he and I actually got to out on a date. That seems to be a rare occurrence nowadays! We went to dinner and then we went to the mall. The Hubby wanted some new hiking shoes for his birthday, and that is not something that I could pick out for him, so we had to go together. But while we were there, he indulged me a little bit and let me look around in Pottery Barn. Ahhh bliss! Actually, the Hubby has great taste, and he doesn't mind looking around stores like that (in his manly sort of way!)

One thing I noticed in Pottery Barn was a lot of framed typography. Letters, numbers, ampersands. All that kind of stuff. I thought that was pretty serendipitous, because my latest article was just published yesterday at Blissfully Domestic, and it was all about typography in decorating! Come on over and visit!

Oh and speaking of Pottery Barn, I just got my new Pottery Barn Kids and PB Teen catalogs yesterday! Oh what fun! You know I love a catalog!!!!

And because I know someone out there will probably wonder since I'm a little bit of a banner making addict...no I didn't make the banner...it was a Target special! Cute though, huh?


Have a lovely weekend~

13 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

That is a super cute banner - we would have all thought you made it!have a great weekend :)

Holly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIREDOG!! :)

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Love banners too...they are fun and pretty fast. Happy birthdy to the Dh! cherry

Jennifer said...

I liked your article! How cool is that?! So anyway, I was at my friend's house and she had barn stars and hurricane lamps and even a few shoe stays! Thanks to you... I noticed them all and I loved it. I showed her your blog and she loves it, of course. She linked to you too! Also... I'm sure you know this, but Holly misses you! She said today that it's so hard not to be able to make all the fun crafts with you and go shopping to hunt for things with you. I'm probably the worst companion for these things because my creative juices don't flow as abundantly as others... but I love being surrounded by it! I've got to work on making some of those pixies!

Carrie said...

I love the banner Target is great! I am going to read your article right now.

Sandy Toes said...

I saw that at target...it is so cute! I love it!
Happy Birthday to your Hubby!
-Sandy Toes

Valarie said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!!

I really thought you did make the banner :)

My home - My life said...

What a great hubby! Mine would not be happy walking around shopping/browsing with me... haha He dislikes shopping more than anything!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

How CUTE that your hubby looked around in PB with you!!!
And thanks for the shopping info about the banner...of course that was everyone's first thought...did she make it?? : )
M.L.

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!!! How sweet that he let you go to PB too!!!

Lora said...

Yep, love that banner!! Love Target, too:)

Joy said...

I love typography, but the men in my house always make fun of me for using it in decorating. What do they know, right?
I love your ideas for framed art! I think my favorite is the framed buttons. That's a great way to save a part of a cherished piece of clothing.
I framed some old Valentine postcards that belonged to my grandmother. I love to display them during February.

Cameo said...

I love the pictures in the cloche's so cute. Great holiday decor.