Too Optimistic

I hate to let y'all down, but the Hubby worked like a dog on Saturday and still couldn't get all of the bathroom finished. He told me perhaps I was a little too optimistic about having the bathroom finished today. It is really close though. He only has to reinstall the baseboards. Then we - and by we, I mean I - have to paint. (Sounds like kind of a big job, but it really isn't too bad.) Sooooooo....I should be able to post the BIG REVEAL in a couple of days. But, just so I don't leave you hangin' too badly, I want to post some "in progress" photos - we really don't have any before photos. The Hubby had the old linoleum and vanity torn out before we even moved in and I didn't have presence of mind enough to take pictures of the empty room before he started redoing it - what with moving in to a new house and all. So, the bathroom has been a work in progress for over a year now. But I was "optimistic" it would be done this weekend. This week for sure though! If I have to be something, I guess being an optimist isn't too bad!

Yes, I did actually let a picture with a basket full of dirty laundry get posted on my blog...but remember it is a before photo. I never have dirty laundry in my laundry room anymore (ha ha ha ha ha!!!) Okay, and both of these photos are of the 1/2 bath side of the room... that's because the Hubby was working on the other half this weekend, and I couldn't get in to take any photos!
See....in this photo the room's not even done yet and NO dirty laundry ;-)

The rest of the week should be more exciting! I have some other "before and after" projects to share. And tomorrow... an exciting announcement!

Oh, and before I forget, Darlene at Darlene's Days tagged me.
I'm supposed to list 6 unspectacular things about myself.

1. I have freckles - and a love/hate relationship with them ;-)

2. My favorite author is Jane Austen.

3. My favorite color is pink.

4. I am the 4th of 5 children. Two sisters and two brothers.

5. I love to do Pilates although I have been hard pressed to find any work out time since having my youngest!

6. I am an aspiring children's book writer. and photographer. etc. etc.

I'm not sure who to tag, so if anyone wants to play along, go ahead and then leave me a comment so I can see what "unspectacular" things you had to say!

See you tomorrow!


Jen said...

Wendy - I'm a new reader. Don't remember how I ended up here...surfing from blog to blog, I guess.

I have to say that I am loving how the bathroom is coming along. I am a huge fan of beadboard and I adore your choice of sink and cabinet. Can't wait to see the finished project...I bet you can't either! :)

Leigh said...

GREAT post. Bathroom looks fab!

Rachel said...

Delurking as always but had to say I love that beadboard. It looks great already. I can't wait to see it all finished! Great job!!

Rachel :)

Lisa Leonard said...

can't wait to see the finished product! so fun!!

Esther said...

Hi Wendy, I'm playing along with your game, so come over and check out my site. Also your bathroom is looking good. I can't wait until we do ours. It's the worst room in the house.

Emily said...

I love it! We're (and by we, i mean Hubby) working on our bathroom this weekend too. I can't WAIT for it to be done. Yours is looking fabulous!


Bella Casa said...

I've been known to be too optimistic myself! ;)

Your bathroom looks great!

Come on over to my blog, I'm having a giveaway :)


Susan in the Psych Ward said...

Bathroom looks great... I think those things about your are pretty spectacular!!!

Marie said...

I've learned if you think it will take an hour, add another hour. One day? Add another day. lol Your bathroom looks fabulous already, though. Can't wait for the reveal!

Valarie said...

I love the beadboard, and I love your sink and cabinet! It's all coming along just great. :)

Darlene said...

Oooo I LOVE how your bathroom is coming along! It looks great! I think optimism is great as it makes things progress along. I have gotten TONS done since I started blogging and being so inspired by all of the other bloggers out there and what they are acomplishing.

Thanks for playing along with tag. It is always fun to find out a bit more about our blogging friends.

Sandy Toes said...

I love the beadboard you put up around your bathroom...I think if I could I would use that in lots of area in my home! I can't wait to see the final product! What fun!

-Sandy Toes

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Wow it is looking beautiful so far. You have great tastes. I think I may have forgot to ask you..but I added you to my blog list..is that Ok??? cherry

Chris said...

My favorite author is Jane Austen too! A close second is Shakespeare, but Jane! Melt my heart! It's always nice to find another Jane lover! The bathroom looks incredible, and I can't wait to see it finished! Good luck.