9.03.2008

Thrift Store transformation



I decided to check out a local thrift store last week with three of the kiddos (yes, I know it was "brave"). But they were really well behaved, and we had a great time. The Princess actually found this little treasure for me (like mother like daughter). I was going to post both a before and an after photo, but due to poor lighting, the difference wasn't as dramatic on "film" as it was in real life, so I'm just showing you the "after". The little iron scrollwork piece was originally brass-colored. I was inspired to choose chocolate brown by Kimba and this project. Thanks Kimba!! I think this little beauty will be going in the finished bathroom. I guess we'll all have to wait and see ( hee hee!)




Just had to throw this in too. The Princess had been asking me for a little bottle. All I could find was this old baby bottle so I gave it to her. Later that day I went into her bedroom and found this. Sweet! Definitely got some design talent going on there! If I do say so myself ;-)

16 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

I love your thrift store find! And you have a *budding* designer on your hands, too. :)

Jennifer said...

I've been wanting one of those but could never find the color I wanted. Duh, I guess I could've painted one!!! How nice to find one at a thrift shop! I am going to post some pictures of my daughter's room and I need your opinion on the armoire... so please help. Thanks :)

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Wendy,
What a great find! Love the color you painted it.
Diane

Darlene said...

I LOVE that iron thrift store find. Oh yeah, your princess has some "designing" going on...how cute!

Kimba said...

That's a great piece of ironwork! Great job on the makeover. And how sweet that your daughter wanted the bottle for some fresh flowers. Very cute.

Shannon said...

What a great thrift store find. My mom has one of those from Pier1

So cute about the little flowers!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love the scroll piece! So pretty! What an adorable daughter you have, too...I love what she did with the glass jar. :)
Carrie

Cristin said...

Thrifting is good! Answer to your question...Yes!:)

Cristin said...

...and NH

duchess said...

Cute project.
I just love ironwork. Little touches that fill up blank spaces.

Twice as Nice said...

Love the wrought iron piece and your princess must be a future designer! It starts at an early age.

Valarie said...

I love that scroll, and look at here bringing fresh flowers in. She does have the design gene. :)

Kelly said...

Great find! I love those, and I'm sure the paint added a lot to it. Your daughter's flowers look great too. Thank you for sharing.

Meghan said...

How cute is her little vase!

Love your blog.
Sooooooooooooooo bookmarking it!

cakescraps said...

I LOVE that ironwork piece! I've been looking for something similar for our new house - I want something like that in the living room.

And, your DD's little bouquet is precious! :)

Jillinda said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the thrift store find.