9.10.2008

A little bit of fall...

I found the box that supposedly contained my fall decorations. Hmmm....I know I had more! So while I continue the search, I have started to add a few little autumn touches to the house. First, this fun little cloche...borrowing an idea from Marie I made this little cloche out of a candle holder ($1.49 at Michael's) and a votive holder (.99 also at Michael's), glued them together, and voila! I stuffed some pretty fall fruit, leaves and berries inside for now, but wait until you see what I have brewing for Halloween!

Then I added a little bit of fall garland to my back door wreath. Just enough to make it look autumn-y!

And of course, this cute little pumpkin pillow that one of my dearest friends made me a couple of years ago (she's a super seamstress!) It helps to make the otherwise very masculine library seem a little homier!

Not much but at least it's a start! Happy Autumn! Hopefully more to come soon....now if I can just find that other box....

10 comments:

Kendra said...

Loving the touches of fall. Can we start pretending it's fall when temperatures are still in the triple digits? (here in AZ). I'm tempted to pull stuff out just to will fall to come!

Darlene said...

I LOVE your cloche...are you going to make more??? I enjoy my first two so much that I have a couple of more to make...it is funny cause now I look at glass and holders thinking will this make a good cloche...is the opening wide enough, etc. Isn't Marie wonderful?!?!

I love your start of the Fall decorating. The pillow is adorable! Can't wait to see more!

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

Okay, I'm glad I am not the only one who has to find her fall decorations before she can actually start decorating. yeah, I'm sure they are around here somewhere!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Great job making that cloche! What I really love, though, is that pumpkin pillow--that is right up my alley!

~ Sarah

Shannon said...

Great start!! It is all so cute. Love your cloche!!

AJ said...

After admiring Marie's and now your homemade cloches, I am so going to make one today!! And it's in my budget:)

Joanna said...

Luckily you had a box! I had never decorated for fall until this year...Yea, I know *gasp*.

I just didn't think about it...So, I had to shop for some...Not a lot to spend, so going a little goes a long way! *smiles*

Andrea said...

I used an idea from one of your previous posts...you can see it on my blog...
http://primacraftymomma.blogspot.com/2008/09/first-day-of-school-goodies.html

Susie Harris said...

Looks like fall at yalls house! Very pretty indeed~

Marie said...

SO PRETTY!!! I'm so excited to see how many of you fantastic women are making these cloches. I was slightly embarrassed to even tell people I hot glued glass together. lol I love what you did with yours. :o)

Fantastic pumpkin pillow!