9.30.2008

Halloween Pixies and Ghoulish Delights


Hi all you lovely bloggers out there! I am so excited about this little project that I can hardly stand it! Look at these cute Halloween Pixies I made over the weekend! Aren't they darling?!?!? The idea was kind of a hybrid between lovely things I've seen here and here. I love a little whimsy in my decorating and I think they certainly provide it!



I had to included these other photos so you could see some of the fun details (and their cute little faces.)

As for this ghoulish guy, One is at that age when Halloween decor should be scary. I, myself, am not into the scary stuff. But I did give in on this. One was with me at Michael's about a month or so back, and he wanted one of these styrofoam skulls so badly. I think it doesn't look that bad under my cloche. It's kind of Martha-ish, don't ya think?

Together with the pixies, it makes a fun little vignette. I think I need to get me another apothecary jar to make it look right, though. Remember the 3 and 1 rule that Kimba talked about here?

And finally, here's a fun little pumpkin I picked up TJMaxx. I got him for a discount because his balloon was loose. A little bit of hot glue fixed that. I'm always up for a deal!

I have a few more Halloween projects to come, so stay tuned!


AND Last but not least... the winner of my 50th post barn star drawing is Ashley from the Linares family. Congratulations Ashley. Please email me with your contact info and I'll get that fun little barn star in the mail to you! Thank you to everyone for leaving such lovely comments! I've got a great group of bloggy readers out there!!

33 comments:

Kendra said...

Those pixies are too cute! I bet you could make a different version for all sorts of holidays!

Ms. Tee said...

Those pixies are so cute. LOVE them!!!

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

Totally Fabulous!!

Carla said...

I love the pixies are you going to tell us how you made them? Love it.
I thought it would be cute with pictures of my kids in there but them may not like getting put in a jar :)

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Those are your kiddos right? Very cute...reminds me of all the neat altered art. Very cute pixies..and er skeleton dude. cherry

Nifty Adventures into Denmark said...

Those are super cute!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Ooh, be still my heart! That is about the CUTEST thing I've ever seen. Like you said, "I can hardly stand it." : )
M.L.

Darlene said...

Those are the most adorable pixies!! Cute, cute in the apothecary jar.

Doesn't TJ Maxx have the cutest things??!

Congratulations Ashley...you lucky duck!!

jennywright said...

Those pixies are a great idea. Guess what I'll be doing today??!!

Bridget said...

These are so cute! I love the Martha skull, too! :) Thanks for more cute ideas!!!

Julie said...

Those pixies are so cute! I'm digging in my pictures right now I need to make me a pixie!!!!
Julie

Traci said...

OMG.....how cute is that idea!!! I could put one of those by my fairy door....yep, like I caught them......

You amaze me.....sigh......

The Hinesley House said...

Love the pixies! Would love to see a demonstration post on how you made them.

Marie said...

FUN pixies! I love that idea! All your decor looks very nice. Love it!

duchess said...

Very cute.
Love all of the halloween decor.

letters to elijah said...

I just love your site. I love when my google reader says there is a new post from you - I know I'm in for a treat!

Valarie said...

That is so cute! I love this!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Wendy, I LOVE the little Halloween pixies!!! The turned out just wonderful ~ creativity is contagious! xxoo, Dawn

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Halloween pixies...you are too much! I love them! I also think that the skull is made a lot more Martha-ish with the cloche. It looks like a decorative piece rather than a scary decoration. :)
P.S. I loved your photos of your kitchen too...great minds do think alike!
Carrie

Ashley said...

YAAAAAY!!!!! I can't believe I won!! Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to showcasing my new barn star! Thank you - thank you - thank you!!!!

If you email me at ashleynicoleperry at hotmail dot com I'll send you my address.

Ashley said...

Oh - and I love those pixies! I got so caught up in my shock over winning I forgot to praise your new works. Love it!

Joanna said...

The pixies are just adorable! Love that skull too!!

Shannon said...

My bloglines is not working!!! I missed these last two posts and HOW CUTE were they!!!?? I love everything!

Damaris said...

this is so cute. I can't wait till Christmas to see what you come up with.

Laurel MacD said...

Pixies are adorable. I think I might be your biggest fan.

Liz said...

What great inspiration! Love this post.

april said...

What a great art project. I must go right now and get to work. I'll be reading!

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

That really turned out cute. You did a great job. It will look great for years to come, great ideas....You seem to have wonderful ideas, I enjoy your blog!
Blessings,
Debbie

Kimba said...

Oh for Pete's sake!!!!! Those are too stinkin' cute!!! I love it!

Candy said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing.

edie+steve said...

This is so darn cute. Thanks for the great ideas and inspiration!

Daffernia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alysa said...

I'm new to your blog. I found it via a friend of Holly's. You are too cute! I would love to know how to make the pixies. I'm not creative and as I LOVE fun crafts, I'm not sure how to do them. Please advise. alysawhitlock@yahoo.com. Thanks and keep creating.