9.04.2008

Autumn decor, where art thou?

I have the best of intentions. I really do. I have a bunch of "in progress" decorating projects that I thought would be finished this week, so I could post them. Most of them are still "in progress". Ahem, there's that optimism again. I started to refinish that cute little desk I asked you all about earlier. But I ran out of spraypaint, and of course, they were out of that particular color when I went to buy more. sigh. There are more, but I won't bore you all with any more complaining. Instead, here is something I DID finish. A little project for the Princess that I borrowed from this lovely blog.



Isn't it cute? It's like a ragamuffin garland for a backpack! Needless to say she LOOOOOOVES it! A girl's gotta go to school in style, right?

Hopefully I'll get one of my many projects done in time to post tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

12 comments:

Valarie said...

That is cute! I have seen those garlands over at The Nester, but I never thought of doinga small one and putting it on a backpack. Very cool way to personalize it. :)

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Cute! cherry

Joy said...

It looks like you've got a lot going on with remodeling, decorating, creating, and mothering. It's okay if it takes a little time to get things done. You're doing the most important things---taking care of your babies, (and making a cute rag garland for a backpack).

Darlene said...

That is sooo cute on her backpack!! If I had known about ragamuffin garlands when my daughter was smaller she would have had them on her backpack. Too cute!!!

cakescraps said...

Okay, you have to share how you made it! My little princess would absolutely flip if I made one for her!

And yeah, I have big visions of grandeur about refinishing (aka painting) a bunch of furniture when we move so that it fits the decor better...we'll see how long it takes me to get it all done! :)

Laura said...

Hi! I've just discovered your blog and love, love, love it! You are extremely talented and have a beautiful way of looking at things. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas!
We are considering a move to another state and I believe that you might live in the area we're looking towards.
Would it be possible to ask you some questions about the area? If so, I would truly appreciate it.
Thanks!

Shannon said...

What a great idea! Cute!

Blissful Nikki said...

what a super cute project!!!

Ashley said...

Very cute backpack! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves for the Fall!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Cute!! I love girlie things like that!
Carrie

Saucy said...

That is pretty sweet and ruffly!

Lacy said...

Cute!! My whole town is addicted to making those!!!! Great job.