9.09.2008

Antique Fair Finds

I went to an Antique Fair last Friday. Oh the inspiration! I promised myself I wouldn't spend a lot of money, so what I did mostly was drool. But I did find a couple of little treasures.




The first is this set of old wood printing blocks! They are going to go in the bathroom redo that I promise I will post eventually ;-) I wanted to spell out something bath/laundry-ish, so I chose the word "scrub". Now I just have to figure out exactly what to do with them. Any ideas?



My favorite treasure? This antique baby shoe stay. Isn't it sweet? It actually has the size carved in the top...it's a 3 1/2. (That's even smaller than Three's foot now...he's a size 5...sigh...) Eventually I'd love to find a cloche to put it in, but for now I think it makes a cute addition to this little vignette.


Don't you just love finding treasures?

12 comments:

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Love that little wood shoe form...so sweet! I don't think my little ones even were wearing shoes at that size!

~ Sarah

Darlene said...

Love those wood printing blocks...of course I have no suggestions of what to do with them but I will be lurking in the comments to see what people say. That is an adorable little shoe form and looks perfect in you vignette. GREAT finds!!

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Wendy,
I love both your finds. I'm sure the inspiration for the letters will come to you...love the scrub in the bath!
It is fun to buy little treasures! Especially stuff that is not found just anywhere!
diane

Cristin said...

Half the fun is looking, seeing everything, and thinking of all the possibilities -- you found some great little treasures!

Can't wait to see how you use S.C.R.U.B.!

Shannon said...

I love finding treasures and you found some great ones! That shoe form is precious!

Gray Matters said...

You found some great things - I really like the letters in their organic form maybe displayed on a little shelf?

Joanna said...

I love the letters...Scrub, I would have never thought to say that! So cute! I am a black paint lover....I like them au natural' but it all depends on what the room looks like..If black will go, I say do them in black! If not go with a cute little shelf and go with the organic feel! *smiles*

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Great finds for sure!

Angie said...

You found some cool things! You can't find things like that in a store!

Nicole said...

Wow, you found some great treasures. I love the desk that you redid below, it looks incredible. The colors and the hardware you used is perfect.

Laurel MacD said...

I love the letters - great find.

h2oh said...

The letters are my FAVORITE! I found some awhile back and wondered what to do with them too! The bathroom is a GREAT idea! What about layering them with soaps in a glass jar and adding in a sea sponge of some sort? Whatever you do -- make sure and photograph it! :)