8.25.2008

Yard Sale Treasure

I was on my way to a service project at my church Saturday morning so I had some rare time without my 4 kiddos, when I saw a HUGE yard sale at our town common. I HAD to stop. This was a rare (and I mean rare) opportunity. I only had a minute to look since I was on a schedule, so I hurried up and down the aisles scanning everything as quickly as I could. And then I saw HER. She was beautiful. And only $5. I personally think that is quite a steal.




Don't you think she'll look lovely with some "autumn-y" soup like pumpkin or squash in the center of a buffet? I'm so excited! Now I'm off to find a place of honor to display her.

17 comments:

duchess said...

Great find - it was meant to be.
Let us have the recipe for that yummy fall soup you cook up.

Melissa Wertz said...

A ladle and everything!!!

Valarie said...

Very pretty! You got a good deal on that one. :)

Stacy said...

Oh, lovely find! I didn't make it to any garage sales this weekend but I did happen upon a curbside find on the way to the grocery store after church on Sunday. Those are the best because they are free! I stopped for a chair - but ended up leaving with an armload of tall bamboo poles - perfect for our garden!

Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

I am pea (soup) green with envy. Ironstone is my favorite!!!

Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

I am pea (soup) green with envy!!! Ironstone is my favorite

Christy said...

What a deal and I think the soup will be perfect!

I love your toile star too! That is a great idea!

An Accomplished Woman said...

You were so lucky to find such a great one!!! Love the toile star also. Keep up all the great posts

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I just love it when you stumble upon sales like that! Just wander in and POOF! Fun new stuff! Way to go!
-Carrie

Ashley said...

Beautiful! I have got to get out more (to yard sales I mean ~ well, maybe in both senses)!

Trisha said...

I love it, I need to find its sister! Have fun making and serving yummy autumn soup.

AJ said...

I'm so jealous! I hardly ever find any goodies like that at garage sales!!!

kristal said...

amazing deal! can't wait to see it donning it's best pumpkin orange!1

Cherry's Jubilee said...

very pretty I love ironstone type pieces. cherry

Robyn said...

Oh I love your find and adore your star also! great idea!

Come by and see the last installment of my mystery trip!
Cheers!

Marie said...

Steal? It was highway robbery! :o) I love it!

Hautemama said...

Wow - I just found the exact same tureen, I paid $4, but I didn't get a nice ladle like you did!!!

Great find - I LOVE mine!!