8.01.2008

Towels, towels everywhere


We live in a three bedroom house. Luckily there are two "master" bedrooms, so all three of my boys can fit in one bedroom. They actually have a lot of space in there, but keeping their stuff organized can be a big task. So one day I ran across this idea.

How cute is this?

And no, I don't actually call my boys 1, 2, and 3. But as I have mentioned before their names all begin with the same letter...sooooo...I used house numbers. Good old house numbers that you can find at pretty much any large hardware store.

It's kind of hard to tell in this photo, but these numbers are a brushed nickle. I found me some hooks in the same finish and there you have it. No mistaking whose towel is whose. I love the graphic nature of the numbers - perfect for a little boy's room. Of course, this is mostly for me right now, since only One knows how to read numbers- but I know the idea will serve me well for years to come.

12 comments:

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

your blog is lovely. thanks for stopping by mine.

Connie said...

What a fabulous idea!

Crystal said...

Cute idea!

fawnjenee said...

What a great idea! I am having my third son in Oct. Your blog is super cute!

The Nester said...

very clever!

I'm now wishing you lived next door to me so your boys numbers 1,2, and 3 could play with my boys: things 1,2 and 3.

OH, and the stripe in your boys room is putting a hurting on me knowing that I live in a rental and have vowed not to paint!

Kelly said...

Love these towel hooks! We have very small bathrooms in our home, so when we redo the kid's bathroom, I am debating having hooks for their towels instead of a towel rack.

Meredith said...

Perfect!

Gray Matters said...

I love this idea - and I just so happen to have 3 kids - perfect!

RN and OSHP said...

I need this in my master for my husband's and my towels. Our names have different letters so letters would work well.

Misti said...

Love the numbers! I painted the boys' names over their alloted towel hook, but the oldest is now 16 and doesn't think his name is so cute over his towel, so the number thing might be better. Sniffle, sniffle, just turned 16 on Jan. 25th. more tears... too big to see his name on the wall... more tears...
~Misti

Astrid said...

I'm sooooo in love with those numbers!

Peggy said...

What a great idea! We have 3 boys and just moved into a rather small house... (1200 square feet but 3 bedrooms & 2 baths) so now we have a solution!