8.16.2008

Mistreatments

I have been a big fan of The Nester since I discovered her blog a while ago. I love the idea of "mistreating" because I am all about getting a lot of bang for a minimal investment (of both money and time!) She's hosting a party and so I thought I'd join in the fun and share a couple of "mistreatments" from my house.





This is the door to my boys' closet aka the clubhouse/reading area. This might not qualify as a true "mistreatment" because I did actually use the sewing machine on it (yikes!). I sewed the brown velvet to the denim...but in true "mistreatment" fashion, I glued the ribbon on with fabritac to hide the seam, and then I used upholstery tacks to fasten it right to the door moulding! (My apologies for the quality of the photo...I tried to take a new photo of this treatment this morning and it was just as bad...just can't get the lighting right for this area of that room!


This, on the other hand, is a true "mistreatment". I used left over fabric from a cushion I made for my mudbench. The window is right across the hall in the laundryroom/ half bath so it matches! I just folded, layered and tacked it to the wall! It probably could have used a little more fabric for a little more "poof" but I loved the way it cozied up my laundry room all in about 15 minutes!

Thanks Nester for letting me join the party!

14 comments:

Valarie said...

I love the curtain on the little study area. I like the idea of the denim and velvet.

mystele said...

very cool!

Darlene said...

GREAT mistreatments....they look wonderful!! I am so fabrically (new word) challenged that I am loving all of these mistreatments. We are re-doing my daughters room and it will have to have some kind of mistreatment!!

Mommy said...

Love the mistreatments and LOVE your blog. I have a mistreatment in my laundry room too but it's not finished yet. Why spend a fortune on a laundry room? That's crazy! Great job!

Deb said...

Great job on these mistreatments. I also love the dining room. Your table, chairs and bench are amazing.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I really like the laundry room window mistreatment--nice job!

~ Sarah

Shannon said...

These both look so great but I love the one in your laundry room! I would never think to layer the fabric!! I love it!

LaVerne said...

I LOVE that layered mistreatment - it looks fabulous and the checked fabric totally makes it. :)Nancy

Meghan said...

Sweet!

Bonita said...

Both of them are very beautiful! I'm partial to gingham/checks so the second one really caught my eye immediately.

Connie said...

Denim & velvet looking great together! Fantastic work.
~connie

nikkicrumpet said...

I don't think anything that adorable qualifies for a "mistreatment". It's just too dang perfect. I love the fabric combo and even the tacks look awesome....very creative and very well done!

nikkicrumpet said...

I don't think anything that adorable qualifies for a "mistreatment". It's just too dang perfect. I love the fabric combo and even the tacks look awesome....very creative and very well done!

Marie said...

Great mistreatments!! I especially like the window in the laundry area. Your house is gorgeous, by the way!