7.22.2008

Welcome to the Shabby Nest

Welcome to the Shabby Nest. I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog where I can share my dual passions of decorating and creating! I have no idea why I have put it off for so long, but I finally decided to bite the bullet and here I am. I hope that some of my ramblings might be inspirational (even a little bit) to those out in blogland who love decorating/design and creativity as much as I do.

My name is Wendy. I am the mom of four beautiful children (3 boys who I will call One, Two and Three since all their names begin with the same letter – as do their nicknames) and one girl who I will call the Princess – for obvious reasons! I have been married for twelve years to an amazingly talented man – The Hubby – who works as both a Home Improvement Contractor and a Professional Photographer…How. Lucky. Am. I? I graduated from college with a major in Fashion Merchandising and started my career path by working at a Department Store in the Advertising Department, after that I worked for a professional Ballet Company in Marketing and Public Relations. That led into the jobs I currently have as a part-time editorial assistant (so I can be home with my babies) and an aspiring photographer – learning from my ├╝ber-talented hubby. How’s that for a round-about career path?

Don’t let the fact that I work as an editorial assistant fool you. My grammar is far from flawless. I write like I talk…and that tends to make me ramble…sentence fragments…lots of parenthetical remarks…etc. etc. (See what I mean?) But, I hope that in all my ramblings, there might be something of interest to someone.

My true passion is decorating. I have always loved it! So welcome to my Shabby Nest. Make yourself at home. I hope you enjoy!

I am more than happy to answer design related questions or to answer any other questions you may have. You can contact me by email at shabbynest (at) yahoo (dot) com.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are the cutest! I am adding this to my blog roll....no pressure :)

Steph said...

I REALLY must have some of that pink and green toile fabric in your last pic. Where did you get that?

lex said...

Hi Wendy! I saw the little blurb about you on Mel's site. I put you on mine so that some of my friends might see your stuff. Cute blog. Thanks for letting me visit.

Linda said...

I posted a comment on your blog that was shown on Kari and Kjisa's blog. Wondering where you got the SIMPLIFY sign. Would love to have one.

thanks,'linda

solomi558 said...

Hello Wendy, I just foud your blog . I,m new to blogging and finding my way around ike groping in the dark. I read grab a button for your sidebar!!. where is the button ? I,m longing to have something on my blog that makes me look like one of the in crowd. cottonreel

Kathie said...

Hi Wendy,

I just wanted to let you know I'm having a giveaway and I wanted you to have a chance to win since I entered your giveaway :-)

Sandy Toes said...

Hello there!

I am having trouble with my computer..could you email me and I will send the questions for Friday Blog Favorite (I think it's May 15)...if I sent them my computer ate them! Thank you so much....having a troubled email account is frustrating!
Debbie@djgteach.com

talesandtrials said...

I have always wanted a mudroom but have never lived in a house that has had one. Your little mudroom is so cute. Such a genius idea to use your closet. LOVE it!!