About Me

I'm Wendy Hyde, a busy Utah Interior Designer and mother to four wonderful children - three boys who I refer to on this blog as Boy One, Boy Two and Boy Three and one daughter who I like to call The Princess.

Photo by Saundra Savage

For as long as I can remember I've loved interior design.  Luckily, I had indulgent parents who let me basically do what my heart desired when it came to decorating my room.  (We're talking purple walls here people.) And my dad even went so far as to build me custom furniture when I asked for it - now that's nurturing my design skills!  Today, years later, my love of interior design has reached near obsession.  When it comes to decorating a room, I simply can't get it out of my head.  That's where this blog comes in because it allows me to share my ideas with you!

A little bit about The Shabby Nest:  I started writing this blog as a creative outlet. And now The Shabby Nest has evolved into my very own little corner of the blogosphere where I share my love of home decor,  and DIY projects, with entertaining and a little bit of style thrown in for good measure.  In 2011, The Shabby Nest was chosen by Country Living Magazine as the Best Decorating Blog of the year in their first annual Blue Ribbon Blogger Awards.  My work has been featured in national magazines and on The Nate Berkus show and various local television programs.  I'm excited to announce that my book, Decorating for Real Life, was released on October 14, 2014 and is available for purchase here.

One of my readers once told me that I have an eye for pretty. I like to believe that is true and I love to share with my readers how they too can make their homes a haven without breaking the bank!

Here's one of my favorite quotes from another Shabby Nest reader, and what I hope will be the way all my readers feel when they visit my blog...

Thanks so much for sharing a little beauty and inspiration with the rest of us, Wendy. Your blog is like a favorite book...that doesn't have to be returned to the library and won't ever get lost between the car seats. Thanks.

xoxo Wendy